Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High beam wire

DazR

Hi All,  I have mounted a lightforce Lightbar on my bike and was wondering if anyone has managed to easily tap in to high beam wire on headlight. Any tips will be taken gratefully.  I dont want to stuff anything up. Cheers to all.

IMG_7674.jpg

IMG_7672.jpg

Yep. Right side is the headlight connector. High beam is yellow wire. 

you’ll need a relay. Check the thread here:

• Like 1

Update on my light bar.... all is good.  I was always using a relay as the light came with a loom including relay and switch.  I enlisted an auto electrician friend of mine who sorted it out quickly for me.  He just swapped a couple of terminals around on the relay and away she went.  All works with high beam switch and flasher switch.  I also have a separate switch  on the handle bars to turn it off from circuit also. Thanks for all the  info and responses.  the standard lights are the best I have had on a bike, but light bar just fills in some gaps and makes for even better vision at night. 

• 8 months later...

100% correct.  The yellow wire is negatively switched.  You have to swap positive and negative on the exciter side of relay and all's good. Only took me  1 day..... live and learn!

• 2 months later...
On 5/18/2021 at 5:28 AM, Andy Mac said:

100% correct.  The yellow wire is negatively switched.  You have to swap positive and negative on the exciter side of relay and all's good. Only took me  1 day..... live and learn!

Hi there.

I tried to tap onto the high beam an auxilary lights 

By tapping to the Yello and brown wire on the right side of the bike . 

It work for a few clicks high beam on anf off.

The dome thing happened.  I lost all light and running lights . 

Any idea ?

I have no power coming to the wires that go to the head  lights .

All fuses are good .  

Any help 🙏

I have no idea on how to help.  But, I am curious to know.  Probably one of the smart cats can help.  I’ll be watching for their reply. 

I spent a number of hours trying to wire in my spots using a diagram mentioned in one thread that was written in French. The diagram was actually wrong, but after lots of trial and error, I sorted it. If anyone needs help, just e-mail and I am more than happy to help out.

3 hours ago, BagusT7 said:

I spent a number of hours trying to wire in my spots using a diagram mentioned in one thread that was written in French. The diagram was actually wrong, but after lots of trial and error, I sorted it. If anyone needs help, just e-mail and I am more than happy to help out.

What light did you end up going with?

I found a pair of Stedi LED's. They are amazing and are exactly same as USA branded lights that cost $750 AU without postage. I paid $85 each light but amazing quality and they came with three different lens covers. The blue look great IMO on my bike.

20210808_121811[1].jpg

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 5:07 PM, BagusT7 said:

I found a pair of Stedi LED's. They are amazing and are exactly same as USA branded lights that cost $750 AU without postage. I paid $85 each light but amazing quality and they came with three different lens covers. The blue look great IMO on my bike.

20210808_121811[1].jpg

They look pretty good, you've got  SRC crash bars ??  what brackets did you use for the lights?

Edited by Stevoh