Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello From Shropshire, UK

dobbi

Hi there,

I've dipped into the forum on and off as I've planned my move up to the T7.

I've just bourght one and will be picking up a nearly new second hand white one with a few added extras next week.

Moving up from a Pegaso 660 with 61k miles which I have owned for the past 10 years and feel somewhat heartbroken to leave, but the T7 is clearly the next gen above my old bike and the old xt660s. I need a much more reliable bike.

I'm looking forward to see what this bike can do off the tarmac, I pushed my old bike well beyound its limits to my own undoing in deserts, green lanes and boulder fields, and somehow, we made it back. I'm hoping for a more polished experience on the T7!

You all go easy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey dobbi, welcome to the club, you won’t regret your upgrade mate but be prepared to be surprised and enjoy the riding.  Cheers mate Allen.

• Like 1

Hi @dobbi.

I was on the Pegaso forum and really enjoyed your sage-like wisdom of the good old Pegaso. I even bought a fuel tap guage from you. So thanks from me for all your advice.

I sold my Pegaso this year (cracking dependable bike to be fair) and bought a T7. I've done quite a bit to mine already and posted about that. 

It's truly an awesome machine in every way and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Cheers

Rich

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 1

Cheers Rich, I'm glad that fuel gauge worked out.  ytc1 is giving me a lift up to pick up the bike next friday.

I think I will let a name develop over time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dobbi said:

Cheers Rich, I'm glad that fuel gauge worked out.  ytc1 is giving me a lift up to pick up the bike next friday.

I think I will let a name develop over time.

Great stuff.

There's a post on here regarding "10 best T7 tips" or something and I've posted on there. There's lots of things you can do for free/limited cost with regards to best ergo's for off-roading.

Since owning the T7 I haven't look back. It will do everything and hasn't disappointed me in anything from commuting, touring, "scratching", off-roading in the Pyrenees and in UK mud, riding down the motorway in torrential rain etc. Plenty of real world power and will keep up with anything down bumpy B roads too. Plus it's ace on fuel.

Rich

You do  very good job of selling the bike to me Rich.

I use my bike for quick dashes into horrible urban areas to do my work and then dash out. I cannot be late. Therefore the reliabilty of the bike is paramount.

Well, you know the history of Betty and hence the need for a change! (currently running fantastic, but I worry I'm going to have to break as the milage is so high!)

However at the weekend or on a trip, I'm wanting to head well off the road.

What are your impressions of the off road ability in comparison to the peg? I know the peg is a bit lighter but cursed with 19/17 wheels. Whats is the t7 like to pick up?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dobbi said:

You do  very good job of selling the bike to me Rich.

I use my bike for quick dashes into horrible urban areas to do my work and then dash out. I cannot be late. Therefore the reliabilty of the bike is paramount.

Well, you know the history of Betty and hence the need for a change! (currently running fantastic, but I worry I'm going to have to break as the milage is so high!)

However at the weekend or on a trip, I'm wanting to head well off the road.

What are your impressions of the off road ability in comparison to the peg? I know the peg is a bit lighter but cursed with 19/17 wheels. Whats is the t7 like to pick up?

I'd just say it's so much better in every way. Smoother, most reliable engine Yamaha make (their words not mine). It's much better off road. I did venture off road on the Pegaso but it felt more like taking a road bike off road in reality. Not had to pick the T7  up yet, but been close! It doesn't feel that much heavier though, if at all. It is a tall bike though which suits me as I'm tall. Also super roomy which again is welcome after the cramped peg/seat on the Pegaso.

The most surprising thing for me is how good it feels on the 21/18 wheels on the road. I pushed by forks up 10mm extra for quicker steering. Makes a big difference and also handily makes it a little lower.

Cheers

Rich

2 hours ago, Real Robbie said:

Hi Dobbi funny seeing you here 😀 regards Robbie 

Likewise, Robbie, Likewise🤪

Cheers, I will keep an eye out, often in Shrews

I really am in desperate need of picking up my bike now!!!

I’m desperate to ride mine aswell,just had an op and can’t ride at the moment,oh well it will soon be winter😆