Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mosko moto scout 25 panniers

SKIPNOMAD

Has anyone mounted the mosko moto scout 25 panniers to their T7?. Pictures, thoughts.

Edited by SKIPNOMAD
Change title

Yes, Have them mounted, on Outback Adv. Spec racks. Haven't used them yet though.

As for thoughts, they sit quite forward if you run a Rotopax like I do. Tried them out around the block and they don't seem to be in the way or anything. Sitting forward might be good for center of balance.

Don't have any pics, but can take some later today and post.

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

3 minutes ago, Canzvt said:

Yes, Have them mounted, on Outback Adv. Spec racks. Haven't used them yet though.

As for thoughts, they sit quite forward if you run a Rotopax like I do. Tried them out around the block and they don't seem to be in the way or anything. Sitting forward might be good for center of balance.

Don't have any pics, but can take some later today and post.

That would be great, thanks.  I'm thinking of getting the Tusk rack with these panniers.

Well I took some pics in the garage. Sorry for the background clutter. Didn't feel like taking the bike out for some better atmosphere 😉

IMG_20200828_192513 small.jpg

IMG_20200828_192519 resize.jpg

IMG_20200828_192531 Resize.jpg

IMG_20200828_192646 resize.jpg

IMG_20200828_192657 resize.jpg

IMG_20200828_192835 resize.jpg

IMG_20200828_192845 resize.jpg

Edited by Canzvt
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, but the bike is not local at the moment. Here's a pic from behind. NOT the best perspective. Fully loaded/stuffed, it is slightly wider than the handlebars.

IMG_20200828_192956 Resize.jpg

• 2 years later...

Any chance any of you have mounted the newer V2.0 of the Scout 25, with pics please? 

I'm referring to the one with the silver metal backing plate.  I'm trying to get an idea of how big these are in proportion to the rest of the bike.

mosko-moto-pannier-scout-25l-pannier-kit

New for 2022: Updated and upgraded Aluminium Mounting Plate refined from the help and feedback of our customers. Thicker Aluminum plate for added durability: 33% thicker, more than twice as strong! Improved...

Trying to decide between this and something smaller like the Reckless 80 or the Kriega OS36 setup.

This is a Reckless 80 with a 30L duffel i use for long trips

Resizer_16577769065321.jpeg.bb1db3584bbbc9d087b04a2c9cffedab.jpeg

This is the Reckless 40 i have always on to take my tool- and first aid kit and lunchbox (it's also a daily rider) but on that trip it was on a weekend ride without a tent.

IMG_20220403_104535_modified.jpg.bbf10eef9d46176cc4d0757fbb1d1a7f.jpgIMG_20220403_104520_modified.jpg.bed620118f8384627462631c88621ef8.jpg

I think that the pictures on the Mosko Moto site even though it's not on a T7 provide a good enough image to get an idea of the size.
I have the V35 on my Crosstourer and they are easier in use to be honest but for the T7 i like the Reckless more because it keeps the bike slim having the weight close to the bike helps in the stability offroad.

• Like 1

The Reckless bags seem pretty long and narrow.  Does that make it a pain to pack , and to find things?

The Scout looks fatter and wider, but also quite big as a tradeoff.

Edited by Endopotential

4 hours ago, Endopotential said:

The Reckless bags seem pretty long and narrow.  Does that make it a pain to pack , and to find things?

The Scout looks fatter and wider, but also quite big as a tradeoff.

I have a system that works for me. In 80 on the long trips i have the Scout 30 instead of the Stinger 22 that comes with it and in that is everything i need to set up camp and go to sleep. in the left bag i have everything to spent the evening and on the right items i don't need every day.
The panniers go on a frame making the bike a lot wider and where i high COG is only a problem going real slow the weight sticking out to the side is always a problem. I chose for my left end right not because of what's in it (daily or storage) but the weight to compensate the exhaust and that dividing of items for balance is even more important when you have the luggage sticking out. Too much weight on one side will pull you over in those moments where it's otherwise a close safe, it's an easy test you can do by taking the hands of the handlebar going down a smooth road. When it puls to the right you probably forgot to cancel out the weight of the exhaust and on the trail you have to keep thinking about that.
Even when you do that with the panniers you reach the angle where the weight makes it harder to keep it up sooner. Pro is when you fall the bike is less flat on the ground but i know i will fall but plan is to ride more so the one pro when lying down i don't care about.
For grocery's (i only have the 2 bikes) i like the panniers more because of the square vorm but that's because lot of the packaging is square and/or hard.