Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Help installing Akra pipe

Huero

Have any of you installed an akra pipe and header ? I am having a problem with the carbon fiber clamp.  The instructions state, “ check the correct position of the yellow sticker On the clamp”. However, I have no reference to know where the yellow sticker is supposed to go.  Does that make sense. I mean, the instructions say to check it but the instructions never state where the sticker should actually go. 
In addition the small, splined bolt that runs through the carbon fiber clamped has been installed from the inside of the clamp toward the outside.  

any help would be greatly appreciated. 
thanks,

huero

I've installed full headers and muffler and did not come across this issue. The only thing that comes immediately to mind is that the splined bolt inserts from outside the bike and is fixed with nut on inner side. Plus I'm assuming you've tried the clamp itself in both orientations? As for the yellow sticker, I don't recall this however if the clamp and bolt fit then it's position is a moot point.

Hey Buddy....wish I could take a look and help you out however a Cager failed to stop at a stop sign and slammed into my right foot 3 weeks ago, in doing so took out the muffler and wrote off my bike! Perhaps one of the other good guys/gals can take a look for you. Keep safe...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ride & Shine said:

Hey Buddy....wish I could take a look and help you out however a Cager failed to stop at a stop sign and slammed into my right foot 3 weeks ago, in doing so took out the muffler and wrote off my bike! Perhaps one of the other good guys/gals can take a look for you. Keep safe...

Oh bugger. Hope you’re healing well. Cheers

Making James May look quick!

On 9/3/2020 at 10:50 PM, Ride & Shine said:

I’m sorry.  That is terrible!!  I hope you’re healing fast.