Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Injector cleaner

Rider 101

Question

Not sure if I have some contaminants in my fuel but on Sunday I have a couple of instances where under heavier acceleration there was a momentary hesitation and a little cough and splutter. It happened a couple of times through the day. Has anyone had experience with injector cleaner in the short term? I will probably have to take the tank off and look at the in tank filter.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

4 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Rider 101 said:

Not sure if I have some contaminants in my fuel but on Sunday I have a couple of instances where under heavier acceleration there was a momentary hesitation and a little cough and splutter. It happened a couple of times through the day. Has anyone had experience with injector cleaner in the short term? I will probably have to take the tank off and look at the in tank filter.

I doubt injector cleaner  will help. sounds like you may have a little water in your fuel. 

My thoughts exactly. Don't feel like taking the tank off and was looking for an easy way out.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

31 minutes ago, Rider 101 said:

My thoughts exactly. Don't feel like taking the tank off and was looking for an easy way out.

could try adding some methanol (I think that is what is used better do some research first) to dissipate the water

For quick & dirty fuel system cleaning, I personally use Seafoam.

Some people are against it but it works for many years for my friend and I.

it is a petroleum based product, the worst it can do is...well, just puke right out of the exhaust as un-burn fuel.

Link from Canadian Tire

0387800_1?wid=225&hei=225

Sea Foam Motor Treatment is a multi-functional formula that can be used in gas, ethanol, diesel or bio-diesel, oil, injector and carbon cleaning machines Cleans