Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Picked up my new Rally Ed today šŸ˜¬

Old tenere phil

1 hour ago, Alf Meister said:

Welcome to the club šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ˜„

Thanks , having great fun šŸ‘šŸ˜¬

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are lucky to be able to buy that model. Same colours as my 83 IT490Ā and 85 IT200. Be great to have alongside them.Ā Ā The Rally edition will not be availableĀ in New Zealand and Australia.Ā 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 9:44 AM, Fuz71 said:

You guys are lucky to be able to buy that model. Same colours as my 83 IT490Ā and 85 IT200. Be great to have alongside them.Ā Ā The Rally edition will not be availableĀ in New Zealand and Australia.Ā 

That's a real shame. I'm sure dealers here would happily ship one over to you šŸ˜¬. Or better still. You'd be able to buy most of the parts and get either vinyl wrap or spray job to match. Albeit that would be far more than the bike is to buy , here at least.

It would be much cheaper to just get it wrapped and a decal kit. You can buy gold rims from central wheels and then get the wheels rebuilt with stainless spokes. The rest is oem parts.Ā 

18 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

It would be much cheaper to just get it wrapped and a decal kit. You can buy gold rims from central wheels and then get the wheels rebuilt with stainless spokes. The rest is oem parts.Ā 

Yes there isĀ decal wrap option inĀ available in Ā Australia. And then buy the rims like you say.Ā Shipping the bike from Europe would be cost prohibitive and not really a viable option. No big deal Iā€™m happy with my red/white bike, stillĀ a nod to Yamaha YZ and TĆ©nĆ©rĆ© history. Just a pity we didnā€™t get the option is all.Ā 
Cheers

Julia

A2FBFFC7-E489-4049-971B-F1CA446DAE6A.png