Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Plastic has weird residue or scratches on pickup from dealership

Bush_Wacker

Hello all. Brand new owner here. Picked up my T7 from the dealership on Wednesday and the only issue I had was the black plastic behind the windshield and around the opening the handlebars and forks goes through looks scuffed up or like a residue is on it. I pointed this out to the dealership and they said to find out if this is normal or not and they will fix it if a problem. Has anyone else seen this on your motorcycles? 

653BD185-4694-44DC-BA73-E5D6035DD005.jpeg

8A1D1CFD-5F70-4836-9869-C9E9CACDC9AD.jpeg

0A0E69C2-E43F-4BD1-B927-26D88515C127.jpeg

• Like 1

I think that is normal, quality of the inner plastic is what it is... I expected this as I think we get a lot of bike for our money... 👍 

• Like 1

I think it's glass reinforced plastic grp & it's just the way it looks.

• Like 1

Excellent! Thanks for the quick reply folks. Absolutely loving the bike so far. Traded in my Tracer 900 GT for it. Loved the GT but only on pavement. Didn't like it on gravel roads and wouldn't even think about taking on trails or through a bit of off-roading with it's super low ground clearance. Wish i could have kept them both as they look good together and seem to be masters of their intended use. Pic on trade in of them together. 

IMG_0696.JPG

• Like 1