Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New Guy New Bike!

Rockett Man

Hello all!

First post here. I will be getting the T7 in blue early this week. I have a unique situation... I have a Youtube channel and I will be featuring the T7 in my adventures. My channel is mainly aimed at Urban Legends. (Legend Tripping). I explore scary stories, etc and much is done off a motorcycle. Early next year I plan on taking this bike on the Poison/Def Leppard/Motley Crue tour. (I am the drummer for Poison). I always take a bike on the road and now I will doing daily vlogs along with my normal Legend Tripping content. 

So, my needs are slightly different, maybe, from some of you. Many of the adventures take me off road and some, not so much. I usually carry two video cameras and a GoPro with me along with accessories for shooting video. 

At any rate, I am here to learn, share and have a laugh or two. Here is my channel BTW: https://www.youtube.com/user/rikkirockett

• Like 6

Welcome to the forum!...plenty of good advice here...plus the T7 is a great bike!. Ps...i still have a  Poison album on cassette 😄😄, will subscribe to your YouTube channel.  Cheers,  Steve 

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Welcome. Subscribed to your vlog in hopes of seeing your thoughts on the T7. I'm really happy with mine so far but,  will have more offroad experience to reflect on after a 5 day North Rim trip next month. Oh, I can't claim to have many cassettes, most of my collection is vinyl. 😉

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Second that, welcome from the UK.

and yep have a poison cassette, Motley Crue yerself and ACDC are iconic!

you will love the bike!

• Like 1

Welcome, subscribed to your channel, I think you will find the Tenere a great ride on your quest!

• Like 1

Hello and welcome! You will really be happy with the T7. This site is a life saver. The information is priceless and I would still be waiting for my T7 had I not been turned on to it.  Enjoy!

Edited by SKIPNOMAD

Rock on!!

Literally

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

Welcome to the forum! Now I have to go figure out how to get a look at your Desert Sled and Thruxton. Sweet bikes! 

Yahooo dude, looking great buddy. As the mileage goes up they just get better!!

pick up my new one today also!

• Like 1