Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Fasst Flexx bars

med.jeeves

Figured I'd ask this question to the whole group to see if anyone has tried this before I become the guinea pig.

I've got one bad wrist, and another going that way. Normal riding doesn't bother me too much on my S10 and CB500X, but any long off-pavement riding will leave me unable to really close my hands (ie. Any of the BDRs). It doesn't seem to be a severity of the road, but length of time I ride. On the advice of several friends and online reviews, I really want to put a FASST Flexx bar on the T7.

Has anyone successfully done this? I'm looking at the 14deg Adventure bar. My biggest fear is enough free wiring and cable to move the controls around and up to the Flexx bar.

https://fasstco.com/collections/adventure-products/products/flexx-handlebar-adventure?variant=30293377122340

Shouldn't be a problem, so many folks use risers.  The fasst company guys are a solid crew and run an honest business with a good product.  Im sure you will not be disappointed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, med.jeeves said:

Figured I'd ask this question to the whole group to see if anyone has tried this before I become the guinea pig.

I've got one bad wrist, and another going that way. Normal riding doesn't bother me too much on my S10 and CB500X, but any long off-pavement riding will leave me unable to really close my hands (ie. Any of the BDRs). It doesn't seem to be a severity of the road, but length of time I ride. On the advice of several friends and online reviews, I really want to put a FASST Flexx bar on the T7.

Has anyone successfully done this? I'm looking at the 14deg Adventure bar. My biggest fear is enough free wiring and cable to move the controls around and up to the Flexx bar.

https://fasstco.com/collections/adventure-products/products/flexx-handlebar-adventure?variant=30293377122340

@Camel ADV had these bars on his t7 in some of his YouTube clips. 

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
5 hours ago, med.jeeves said:

I had the 12° Enduro bend on my T7 for a bit. I swapped them out for some bars that are about 1.25" lower than stock.

The Fasst Flexx bars do a great job of absorbing big hits and they drastically reduce bar vibration too.

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Echoing what Cory said, Flexx Bars greatly reduce the severity of hard hits and help smooth out repetitive small hits and vibration. I had a set on my DRZ400S and now on my Beta520RS and for serious dirt riding, I feel they're required equipment,  at least for me.  The best endorsement I personally have had was when both of my sons asked to ride my bike to try out " those old man bars".  When they finished their trail sessions,  both came back with smiles and said " Nice!, now I get it". 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

What are you guys using for handguards on the Fasst bars? I have a set I used on my S10, I had them threaded for the bolts for that bike, the S10 had hollow non-threaded bar end weights. I was able to make my barkbusters work with that set up. However with the T7 the bar end weights are threaded into the bars, unlike the S10, so my barkbusters will not work.

Looking at @Camel ADV's videos, it looks like you had the cyrca Fasst handguards, were they any good? I'm thinking i could just buy a set of the S10 bar end weights to put on my Fast bars too 🙂

I loved the FASST bars on my S10. Sucked up some of the vibration, and bumps. I have the 15 degree bend on mine, more like a dirt bike. The S10 was the Biggest Dirt Bike In The World, after all 🙂 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
3 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

What are you guys using for handguards on the Fasst bars? I have a set I used on my S10, I had them threaded for the bolts for that bike, the S10 had hollow non-threaded bar end weights. I was able to make my barkbusters work with that set up. However with the T7 the bar end weights are threaded into the bars, unlike the S10, so my barkbusters will not work.

Looking at @Camel ADV's videos, it looks like you had the cyrca Fasst handguards, were they any good? I'm thinking i could just buy a set of the S10 bar end weights to put on my Fast bars too 🙂

I loved the FASST bars on my S10. Sucked up some of the vibration, and bumps. I have the 15 degree bend on mine, more like a dirt bike. The S10 was the Biggest Dirt Bike In The World, after all 🙂 

Yup, Cycra Fasst Flexx specific handguards for me. They seemed to fair well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have not gotten them yet (waiting until after the new year) but Flexx sells their own hand guards that function pretty similarly to the HDP hand guards. I've also heard that HDB will send you some kind of washer or spacer or something that makes HDP hand guards work on Flexx bars, but I can't confirm that. 

• 1 year later...
  • Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, ADVUSA said:

bump.  Who's running the Flexx bars on their T7?

@med.jeeves @AZJW   

I've 12° Enduro-Std. I'd stick with the sweep and height if I did it again but I'd get the Moto for the etc 1" of width as it'd make getting all controls in place a bit easier.

IMG_3353.JPG

IMG_3355.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

bump.  Who's running the Flexx bars on their T7?

@med.jeeves @AZJW   

Sorry, haven't added those to the T7 ( yet) as for most of my tougher trail riding, the Beta gets the nod.   @med.jeeves hasn't visited this site in 17 months, so this might go unanswered from him.  Cory has some real world experiences with his setup, so following his advice should help you set yours up. 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone else running Fasst Flexx bars and if so what handguards are you using?

On 6/3/2023 at 2:40 PM, ADVUSA said:

Anyone else running Fasst Flexx bars and if so what handguards are you using?

I’m trying to install a pair now with HDB Ultimate hand guards.

I can’t get the clutch lever to clear however. I’m either going to cut it down or abandon the project and go with a flatter bar.

IMG_6187.jpeg

Edited by sethwaterfall
Upload pic

Nice handguards! In this case. I would opt for shorty levers (which I have and have not installed yet) and those should do the trick.

I would measure carefully.

Actually, like a fool, I had the cluster on the wrong side of the lever. Now that it’s switched everything fists great.