Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Southeast Arizona

AllOfTheData

Hi all, 

Picked up the T7 on 9/11/2020. Having a blast in the desert. If you are in southeast Arizona and want to ride, hit me up. I'm getting my 600mi service this weekend then it's time to rip. 

IMG_20200911_153100.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Nice color choice.  Congrats. 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Live up North of you in Mesa, got about 350 miles on mine (same color), found it to be a little harsh out here in this rocky train so I have some racetech gold valves coming for forks and shock, still a little hot to do a day ride, but will keep u in mind. I do have a spare room also if u r interested in exploring up here, have several places to the east of me to ride. Was suprised to see how many have been bought in the states so far, looks like this bike is gonna do well for yamaha. Best regards- Sean

On 9/27/2020 at 3:40 PM, Svrider said:

Live up North of you in Mesa, got about 350 miles on mine (same color), found it to be a little harsh out here in this rocky train so I have some racetech gold valves coming for forks and shock, still a little hot to do a day ride, but will keep u in mind. I do have a spare room also if u r interested in exploring up here, have several places to the east of me to ride. Was suprised to see how many have been bought in the states so far, looks like this bike is gonna do well for yamaha. Best regards- Sean

That sounds great. I'll have to wait until it cools down a little. It's high 80s here lately. 

I ended getting mine on a whim. Called the local dealer and stopped by as they said they were expecting it in the next week and when I arrived they were assembling it. Very coincidental. I haven't messed with the suspension at all. It is mildly rocky here and to be honest, I've never ridden off road before this bike so I don't have a basis for what is better or worse. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/29/2020 at 9:25 PM, AllOfTheData said:

That sounds great. I'll have to wait until it cools down a little. It's high 80s here lately. 

I ended getting mine on a whim. Called the local dealer and stopped by as they said they were expecting it in the next week and when I arrived they were assembling it. Very coincidental. I haven't messed with the suspension at all. It is mildly rocky here and to be honest, I've never ridden off road before this bike so I don't have a basis for what is better or worse. 

You still around the area? Have T7 and friends with T7’s 

44FDD169-72CB-49C2-AA12-6762B263D04B.jpeg

• Like 1