Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

QUICK DUNE CRUISE BEFORE WORK

QUIT_IT_FLETCHE

Are you running 15 psi front and back? What were the ill effects of 11 psi? (That does seem low!)  I Raced on 12 psi for 7 years but the general consensus is lower than 12 will produce pinch flats. 

In running 18 front 20 rear and have been thinking of going a little lower. 

On 9/26/2020 at 8:44 PM, DT675 said:

Are you running 15 psi front and back? What were the ill effects of 11 psi? (That does seem low!)  I Raced on 12 psi for 7 years but the general consensus is lower than 12 will produce pinch flats. 

In running 18 front 20 rear and have been thinking of going a little lower. 

Yes 15 psi front and back when going to the dunes and able to cruise on the freeway back home without issue. I wouldnt run that in the desert in rocks but works well for the soft sand. 11psi was very unstable on the freeway and I kept my speed much lower to avoid overtemping the tube/tires. I didnt know I had 11psi til I got to work and checked them, I had let air out at the dunes but forgot my tire pressure gauge so it was a guess so now I know. 

• Like 1