Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Removing OEM Centre Stand?

jeeves1275

Question

Anyone know what the install/removal procedure is for the OEM centre stand?

Thinking of taking mine off.....

Cheers

Mark

13 answers to this question

7 hours ago, jeeves1275 said:

Anyone know what the install/removal procedure is for the OEM centre stand?

Thinking of taking mine off.....

Cheers

Mark

I will post the directions when mine arrives, been over a month waiting for it to be delivered. 

• Like 1

i was under the bike looking at things and considering doing the same.  It looks pretty straightforward.  Springs, brackets and bolts.  Anything in particular concern you?

12 hours ago, ride2little said:

i was under the bike looking at things and considering doing the same.  It looks pretty straightforward.  Springs, brackets and bolts.  Anything in particular concern you?

The spring, dealer said it was a bitch to get on....

10 hours ago, FinTen said:

Not sure if it's allowed to share directly by uploading, so I'll just link to a document picturing the installation that I randomly found on the net 😁

Nice one! That'll do it!

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I'm probably going to do the same as well, that bar just sticks out too much for my liking.

yeah it's that and the weight for me, plus I have a stand anyway for maintenance at home. It is convenient to have one though!

Hmmmm, looking at the instructions it looks like some bolts were replaced with longer ones, I don't have the originals.....

• Like 1

It's off!  Wasn't a problem in the end, have a spring puller hook  tool thing so wasn't too bad getting them off.

Had more of an issue getting the bolt out that goes in from the inside on the left hand side of the bike, but got that in the end too.  

Had some replacement bolts lying around to replace the missing ones.

Job done!

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 3:28 AM, jeeves1275 said:

It's off!  Wasn't a problem in the end, have a spring puller hook  tool thing so wasn't too bad getting them off.

Had more of an issue getting the bolt out that goes in from the inside on the left hand side of the bike, but got that in the end too.  

Had some replacement bolts lying around to replace the missing ones.

Job done!

So if I didn't have "spare bolts" laying around, will I have what I need to remove the stock center-stand?  I don't want to pull it off only to find I need shorter bolts .

44 minutes ago, ride2little said:

So if I didn't have "spare bolts" laying around, will I have what I need to remove the stock center-stand?  I don't want to pull it off only to find I need shorter bolts .

I think you need shorter bolts or add some kind of spacers.

Just measured....you need 2 M10x50 for the brake side and 2 M8x25 for the gear lever side

I had the M8s left over from fitting crashbars...

Edit....

If you aren't planning on selling the kit there are 2 M8x40 you could use on the gear side

Edited by jeeves1275
More info
  • Like 1

Is anyone able to confirm the 4 bolts part numbers (2 M10x50 for the brake side and 2 M8x25)? I'm removing mine as well, and previous owner never supplied. It looks like I should order these first.

Which ones are they?

image.png.fe9afd202cc22bd9ffe63c2ff58e704b.pngimage.png.dc85211bc6c7d89ec887c296618e99e2.png

Well answering my own question after looking more closely at the bike when I had time. I think it's #20 in this first photo on the left side, and #24 on my previous post, the left image. Hard to tell as the part numbers unfortunately don't have descriptions.

image.png.012553a32bc85898d5c13cb257863731.png

Posting for reference:

Deciphering the product code from a quick google:

Part #20 90105-08275-00 would be a washer based bolt with 8mm diameter and 27.5mm long. So this seems correct. Note this supersedes 90105-08274-00

Part #24 95024-10045-00 would be a bolt with 10mm diameter, small head, and 45mm long. This should also be correct.

The fiche's also seem to state the quantities correctly.

Edited by RiderEh