Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 side fairings problem

Reeko81

Question

Hi all folks. I was working on my bike and changed the original spark with some new iridium ones. When reassembling all I noticed these rubbers falling apart from my spoiler (side cover). I can’t remember where they were glued and this is getting me mad! I hope you can help me... I know for sure someone here removed before me this spoiler/cover and maybe can remember where they should be...

thanks a lot!

54C621EC-235B-453E-B1F2-9B2567BB3E97.jpeg

6469326E-1DEE-43DB-AC9D-BB783619ECFD.jpeg

Edited by Reeko81
  • Like 1

13 answers to this question

Solved... rubbers have a peculiar shape and they only fit on this position 

image.jpg

• Like 1

I do not even recall my bike having those when I removed the covers to swap out the big orange signal lights to LEDs. Brand new bike never crashed and so far as I know first time off with the covers. Maybe the US bikes do not have these?

1 hour ago, roy826 said:

I do not even recall my bike having those when I removed the covers to swap out the big orange signal lights to LEDs. Brand new bike never crashed and so far as I know first time off with the covers. Maybe the US bikes do not have these?

I don’t think mine had them.  I took both sides off when installing the Yamaha radiator guard.  Must have fell off on the way over from Japan!

• Haha 1

Based on the indentation, do you think that goes on the frame first and then rests against the fairing? Odd that it would just be stuck on the fairing like that. 

2 hours ago, BLZ2DWL said:

Based on the indentation, do you think that goes on the frame first and then rests against the fairing? Odd that it would just be stuck on the fairing like that. 

It has a layer of glue on the side that supposed to keep it attached to the fairing. I found one on the floor as well when was installing crash bars.

• Like 1

They go on the inside of the black grill behind the fairing.Mine are in the bin now😁

Spoiler

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 4:37 PM, Reeko81 said:

Hi all folks. I was working on my bike and changed the original spark with some new iridium ones. When reassembling all I noticed these rubbers falling apart from my spoiler (side cover). I can’t remember where they were glued and this is getting me mad! I hope you can help me... I know for sure someone here removed before me this spoiler/cover and maybe can remember where they should be...

thanks a lot!

54C621EC-235B-453E-B1F2-9B2567BB3E97.jpeg

6469326E-1DEE-43DB-AC9D-BB783619ECFD.jpeg

Any chance you'd share the iridium part number? I’m interested in doing that as well. 

4 hours ago, DT675 said:

ny chance you'd share the iridium part number? I’m interested in doing that as well. 

LMAR8BI-9 ngk. 

If you look closely at the back (inside) of the various panels there are little guide lines or indents where the various rubber bits or foam bits go...a bit of super glue and alls well.  Cheers,  Steve 

On 10/17/2020 at 3:25 AM, Reeko81 said:

LMAR8BI-9 ngk. 

Thank you!  When i hit around 1400 miles on my Yamaha SXS 850 twin, i changed to synthetic oil and put the Iridium plugs in at the same time and it made a noticeable difference. Nothing huge but it starts, idles and seems to accelerate just slightly but noticeable more smoothly. Thinking ill do the same on the T7. 

I found this piece too and still haven't a clue where it goes or what it's supposed to do.

Got the same problem with new bike. These things just fall down when I removed the side panels.

I just put these back with more serious 2 sided tape.

Ah ha! After some investigating, and Gary's comment above I found where these little buggers go. Look on the back side of the black plastic that the painted fairing attaches to (under the gas tank) and you'll see two L shaped lines that help with alignment when sticking them back on. Without them there is some give in the plastic when you push on it, but putting these back snugged everything up nicely.

IMG_0180.thumb.jpeg.fffd011de3fbec4af7e7b915ff34cce0.jpegIMG_0179.thumb.jpeg.ade005b012713bc7e58f7ffaf69a5529.jpegIMG_0181.thumb.jpeg.696d906204714387422e27093a172dee.jpeg

• Like 1