Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Can Yamaha convert me

T700

I’ve been a Suzuki fan forever, previous owner of a lot of GSX’s, Vstrom and currently I’m pumping out the K’s on a DRZ400, I mean pumping them out and this bike is rock solid ,as I type I’m on an over 10,000 km  trip to the cape and back to Victoria , a bit more oooph and comfort and the look of the T7 may win me over, let’s see if Yamaha can convert me.

F499F4F7-8050-4248-B9F5-E75F7ECA84BF.jpeg

18 minutes ago, T700 said:

I’ve been a Suzuki fan forever, previous owner of a lot of GSX’s, Vstrom and currently I’m pumping out the K’s on a DRZ400, I mean pumping them out and this bike is rock solid ,as I type I’m on an over 10,000 km  trip to the cape and back to Victoria , a bit more oooph and comfort and the look of the T7 may win me over, let’s see if Yamaha can convert me.

F499F4F7-8050-4248-B9F5-E75F7ECA84BF.jpeg

I rode a DRZ for years. Had that same safari tank as yours for longer trips. Loved that bike. 

But the T-7 will be much better on the roads, and slightly worse than the DRZ in the mountains/dirt just because it's a 700 cc engine. A heavier bike.

For me, it will be perfect on dirt roads and ATV trails. And great for commuting to work and back every day. 

I don't think I will be taking it on any singletrack trails though.  But who knows? 

We MT-07 forum members can tell you that you will love the CP2 engine. 53 MPG -22.1075 KPL fuel range.  Low end TQ, beautiful twin engine sound, good Torque and very very reliable.   I have owned the MT-07 forum for over four years, and have heard of no engine failures. None. 

29 minutes ago, admin said:

I rode a DRZ for years. Had that same safari tank as yours for longer trips. Loved that bike. 

But the T-7 will be much better on the roads, and slightly worse than the DRZ in the mountains/dirt just because it's a 700 cc engine. A heavier bike.

For me, it will be perfect on dirt roads and ATV trails. And great for commuting to work and back every day. 

I don't think I will be taking it on any singletrack trails though.  But who knows? 

We MT-07 forum members can tell you that you will love the CP2 engine. 53 MPG -22.1075 KPL fuel range.  Low end TQ, beautiful twin engine sound, good Torque and very very reliable.   I have owned the MT-07 forum for over four years, and have heard of no engine failures. None. 

Cheers mate, I don’t do too much single track at all and more so fire trails and back gravel roads, I’m using the DRZ as an adventure bike atm and I’m wanting a bike to replace my stolen GSXS1000 road bike so yes the T700 will be perfect giving me the comfort back on the roads and a back roads, I’m not interested in a road bike anymore and this bike should be perfect , I’ll probably hold on to the DRZ anyway for any technical stuff I may do

25 minutes ago, T700 said:

Cheers mate, I don’t do too much single track at all and more so fire trails and back gravel roads, I’m using the DRZ as an adventure bike atm and I’m wanting a bike to replace my stolen GSXS1000 road bike so yes the T700 will be perfect giving me the comfort back on the roads and a back roads, I’m not interested in a road bike anymore and this bike should be perfect , I’ll probably hold on to the DRZ anyway for any technical stuff I may do

Good choice I miss my DRZ and it's third gear rush, lol.

• Members

Welcome! I'm a former DRZ owner. Loved mine and completely wore it out. Replaced it with a KTM 950 Adventure for my adv riding and am very happy with it. Hoping the T7 will be able to fill the same role when I wear this one out.

Pic from my TAT ride in 2010:

IMG_0685.JPG

16 hours ago, admin said:

Good choice I miss my DRZ and it's third gear rush, lol.

I miss it’s 6th gear and still look for it every ride even running 15/44

8 hours ago, NRWhiteKnight said:

Welcome to the forum. I like the DRZ's but I think for adventure riding this might have them beat. But then I was always a motocrosser at heart. :classic_biggrin:

I hope it has it beat, the DRZ is just my current temporary adventure bike , some wouldn’t call it one but what I’m doing on it it sure is, the new T7 will be so much more comfortable though

Archived