Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

44 Teeth Review of the Tenere 700

Superfist

This was posted to YouTube earlier and is the best review I've seen so far.

It gets high praise and at one point he says "...pulls like Ron Jeremy at a sex party."  So there's that.

On road, off road, wheelies, some small air on some rougher off road sections.  I'm genuinely impressed.  It looks like it's more capable than my old KLR650 and does everything I wished the KLR could when it comes to power/torque.

• Like 1

Thanks finally a long review in English Wow everything I hoped for kind of like a modern day gen 1 KLR  I think we have a winner here boys surprised the stock muffler sounds pretty good to one thing they did not mention was that clutch cover on the right hand side is apparently in the way a bit when you stand up with enduro boots  the Italians journos were annoyed with this a bit 👍    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ten7 said:

" like a modern day gen 1 KLR "

Yes!  That's the vibe I was thinking.  It's pretty close to the same weight too, but lots more torque and HP.  The only other thing I wonder is if it'll handle tip-overs and drops as well as a KLR.  The new T700 is so basic that it brings back some of the things I loved about the KLR while updating to fuel injection, switchable ABS, etc...

Ease of self servicing the motorcycle looks like it won't be an issue either. No IMU, traction control, rider modes, etc.  These electronics are the last thing I want to worry about when I only have the basic trailside toolkits.

• Like 1