Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Rear Wheel Spacers

Ktmmitch

• 2 months later...

These wheel spacers are a very smart and understated upgrade - very functional in their simplicity.  I just put them on yesterday, front and back - and they're already giving me a little more peace of mind about potential trail repairs.

The OEM front wheel spacers just absolutely LOVE to fall out if you don't keep a hand on them as you remove / install the wheel, and the RR spacers solve that problem, as they stay in place in the wheel instead of making a break for it.  My OEM rear spacers weren't quite as hell-bent on their individual freedoms from the wheel as the wider OEM front spacers were, but the RR rear spacers still made a more confidence-inspiring fit there too.

Looking forward to NOT getting my spacers covered in dirt/sand/grime every time I have to pull a wheel.  Thanks for this, John & Rally Raid team.

(I noticed there was only a rear wheel spacer post here, thought I'd comment on both the RR front and rear wheel spacers.  Link below to the front wheel spacers.)

Yes! Just installed!

OEM in the first photo.

Rally Raid (rear and front) the others.

IMG-20201221-WA0042.jpg

IMG-20201221-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20201221-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20201221-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20201221-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20201221-WA0016.jpg

6 hours ago, GreatDistances said:

These wheel spacers are a very smart and understated upgrade - very functional in their simplicity.  I just put them on yesterday, front and back - and they're already giving me a little more peace of mind about potential trail repairs.

The OEM front wheel spacers just absolutely LOVE to fall out if you don't keep a hand on them as you remove / install the wheel, and the RR spacers solve that problem, as they stay in place in the wheel instead of making a break for it.  My OEM rear spacers weren't quite as hell-bent on their individual freedoms from the wheel as the wider OEM front spacers were, but the RR rear spacers still made a more confidence-inspiring fit there too.

Looking forward to NOT getting my spacers covered in dirt/sand/grime every time I have to pull a wheel.  Thanks for this, John & Rally Raid team.

(I noticed there was only a rear wheel spacer post here, thought I'd comment on both the RR front and rear wheel spacers.  Link below to the front wheel spacers.)

Glad you enjoyed our upgrades, after racing  enduros bikes for over 30 years, I got used to having wheel spacers staying in place when taking wheels out, so it seemed logical to do the same to T7

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

@Ktmmitch Please clarify that these spacers retain their position by virtue of the machined lip pushing past the oil seal?  If so, is there any added benefit in keeping dirt out of the inner bearings? Any premature failures of oil seals, oem or otherwise when using these spacers?  They look like a very good upgrade to the oem ones.  

Thanks,

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

1 hour ago, AZJW said:

@Ktmmitch Please clarify that these spacers retain their position by virtue of the machined lip pushing past the oil seal?  If so, is there any added benefit in keeping dirt out of the inner bearings? Any premature failures of oil seals, oem or otherwise when using these spacers?  They look like a very good upgrade to the oem ones.  

Thanks,

You are correct that the lip retains the spacers, meaning they can't fall out and get dirt on them when removing a wheel. Plus they re stainless steel, rather than OEM plated mild steel, so they are corrosion-proof 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Our Norwegian friend, Sven, has done a short video outlining the benefits of our stainless-steel spacers, along with a fitting description.

• Like 1