Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Recall on the rear reflector

dobbi

A major fault, I know, but I got a letter from the Piano Makers this morning to tell me my rear reflector does not reach the correct standards of UN reflectivness. 

Not entriely sure I will be making a special trip to the dealers to correct this!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Haha I got mine today too. I thought it was something serious til I read on 😂😂😂😂😂. I'm sure I'll cope.without this reflector. I can't remember seeing a rear reflector on the bike so maybe that's it. But bike due in for first service soon and is due to get a panel fitted to under warranty so may get them to do it  just out of curiosity 

Unless the rule is different at Europe than North America, if it is nothing crazy serious, just bring the bike back to the dealer at your most convenient. It should not stop you from riding the bike as is.

Recall will always be there until you get it done so the dealer can clear off the system.

• Like 2

It's better to have a faulty reflector than an engine that leaks oil.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

12 minutes ago, Totti said:

It's better to have a faulty reflector than an engine that leaks oil.

Brilliant !!

Is there really someone somewhere measuring the level of reflection of reflectors....!!.  I've got the T7 Rally tail tidy and fitted my own little reflector to keep things legal.   Cheers,  Steve 

Ive got the original one as well, :)) i had mine changed on the first service and there is absolutely no difference!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Great Escape said:

Is there really someone somewhere measuring the level of reflection of reflectors....!!.  I've got the T7 Rally tail tidy and fitted my own little reflector to keep things legal.   Cheers,  Steve 

I am an engineering in the heavy duty automotive industry, you have NO IDEA some of the ridiculous recall we had to make to comply with the rule...

For example, we had recently a few of the units recalled for some mining equipment because the license plate light was too low to the ground...by 5mm...

• Confused 1

Sounds crazy!...the T7 reflector recall should have just been an advisory.  Oh well,  I guess it's good they are checking stuff 😏.  Cheers,  Steve 

I'll will have to hunt around in my excess parts bin and see if i can find mine. Has been replaced with b and b tail tidy.