Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

None delivery of the T7 until September

Roxburghe

I placed my order and paid the deposit of £500 on 27th March 2019 - two days after sales commenced. At that time I was given a delivery date of July 2019. However, after viewing a recent review of the T7 online I noted a delivery date of September was quoted.

I immediately rang the head office at Woking for an update of delivery, they have confirmed that it has now been put back to September!

I was told they had only 1200 bikes for the whole of Europe and they have thousands of orders. When asked why you hadn’t informed your customers of the delay I was told ‘maybe we should, I’ll pass it on to head office.’

NOT A HAPPY MAN – my order will be cancelled on my next visit to my local dealership.

6 hours ago, Roxburghe said:

I placed my order and paid the deposit of £500 on 27th March 2019 - two days after sales commenced. At that time I was given a delivery date of July 2019. However, after viewing a recent review of the T7 online I noted a delivery date of September was quoted.

I immediately rang the head office at Woking for an update of delivery, they have confirmed that it has now been put back to September!

I was told they had only 1200 bikes for the whole of Europe and they have thousands of orders. When asked why you hadn’t informed your customers of the delay I was told ‘maybe we should, I’ll pass it on to head office.’

NOT A HAPPY MAN – my order will be cancelled on my next visit to my local dealership.

You don't have location in your profile, so please state which country you are in.  We are a world wide forum. 

UK?  Man, 1200 bikes for all of europe is insane. They spent all of 2018 and part of 2017 hyping this bike up, shoving the world raid stops down our throats and they only have 1200 bikes for all of Europe? 

Someone at Yamaha has some explaining to do. 

10 hours ago, Roxburghe said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I am pretty sure that 27th March 2019 was the first day of sales of Tenere 700. Did you get confirmation mail on that day or two days after that? 

Eric De Seynes - Yamaha Europe COO in his interview from 24th May 2019 stated that the first batch of motorcycles that will be delivered in July was sold in less than 48h

(He starts to talk about sales numbers around 4:02)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Q-US38xyY
(For non-french speakers it is possible to use auto-translate option) 

Edited by splitdec

I'm UK based.

Sorry, my mistake, it should have read the 29th March. However, I did receive confirmation of a bike having being allocated to me (see below), and I did pay the deposit within the 14 days, so I was under the impression that I was one of the lucky ones.

“Good news: We are happy to confirm that one Ténéré 700 motorcycle has been temporarily allocated to you. This allocation is valid for 14 days counting from the day this email was sent to you.”

I would like to know if all other members of the forum who have placed an order were also allocated a bike and are expecting it to be delivered in July, or if any of you were informed that you were one of the unlucky ones who missed out and had to wait until September?

My guess is that this is a supply issue. Maybe those awesome suspension components from KYB can't be made fast enough or the engine facility for the CP2 is at full capacity. We are talking thousands of orders so that is a lot of units.

Hi @Roxburghe and Hi to the other waiting inmates here!

What I learned from all the years in contact to my Yamaha dealer in Germany is, that he is normally not able to name a precise delivery date. That can depend a little to the sales structure, Yamaha is operating in Germany. My estimation is, in other countries it can be comparable.

Yamaha Germany is registered company in Germany but as well a daughter of Yamaha Europe, sited in the Netherlands. Here in the Tenere case, Yamaha Germany does not have any direct access to the produced amounts, nor are they able to value the rang of my reservation number for example. They can not look out of the window and see "my" Tenere produced on the production line. That said, our story so far:

With 27th of March, we were online and waited to place our pre-order. Some hours later, when the server was running, we clicked & received a confirmation covering a white/red and unthrottled Tenere. It was stated in the e-mail that the first Teneres will be shipped in July. But no further reassurance of any date.

I also made my way to the dealer, to sign a contract. Same here, no additional confirmation or delivery schedule. My dealer said as I already learned: He will put his order in the dealer network system at Yamaha Germany now. They will confirm something, with no exact date.

After the euphoric press launch in Spain, I met by accident Yamaha Germany's #2 at my dealer. She was on her way back from the Netherlands to Germany headquarter and just rushed in at my dealer. There she said, similar things what we already heard from Eric de Seynes in the interview.

The production will start in France in July. The planned number of Tenere is about 2000 (or 2200). Then the summer holidays in France will close the factory for whole August. After August, they will start production again. Till July Yamaha wanted to negotiate with the workers to increase the possible production figures a little. Maybe they were successful or maybe the were not...

Then she said something what I already knew: There is a chance to get one in July, otherwise it will be September. Which is the typical information what my dealer would tell me over all the years. No real delivery schedule only some vague slots for a possible delivery.

I did not understand why she told me additionally, that there is a (little bigger) chance to get a white/red in July, due to the pre-order spread. That colour was not that often in the pre-orders.

Honestly I do not know why she said so. Maybe she was not familiar to the face-to-face situation with a customer and wanted to say some nice things?

To make long things short: There will be a Tenere in July, or September or later at my dealer...

• Like 3

Ordered from France on march 27th on the very first minute the system allowed me to do so.

My dealer immediatly confirmed yamaha about my order since I put deposit in january.

Allocation bike was made to me by yamaha in the afternoon same day.

I live 200 kms from the plant and could easily pick up the bike from the factory door.

Since then I have no information for a delivery date, dealer said he will know more before end of june.

I

• Like 1

1 hour ago, septentrion said:

Ordered from France on march 27th on the very first minute the system allowed me to do so.

My dealer immediatly confirmed yamaha about my order since I put deposit in january.

I live 200 kms from the plant and could easily pick up the bike from the factory door.

Since then I have no information for a delivery date, dealer said he will know more before end of june.

I

If you don't get your bike in July nobody will! The frustrating think about this ordering system is the lack of communication from Yamaha - bad customer relations.

• Like 1

I spoke to the head office in woking after reading this thread and they have confirmed that I was getting my bike in the first batch and that delivery was July. Mine is a competition white one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 9:52 AM, septentrion said:

I

Did you got any news from your dealer in the meantime? End of June has gone… I‘m getting impatient while waiting for any news. 😄 

Hi, 

Got my dealer last friday, he said first batch delivery could come end of july, mid august...

don’t take his words for granted, I don’t trust him anymore, neither Yamaha. 

As one guy is saying on the FB page, they manufacture 100 bikes per day, plant close in august, since production has started they could have 2500 bikes ready to deliver before closing. well, wait and see...

one of the welders at the plant post this :

Franck Bizet je travail à mbk a  Saint-Quentin c'est moi qui contrôle et repart les soudures du cadre nous avons commencé la production mercredi nous sommes obligés de produire 2500 machine pour fin juillet pour pouvoir livré les concessions donc je pense que pour début août vous devriez l'avoir 😉

As I said they have to finish 2500 bikes before end of the month, so mid august it should be delivered.

If they're struggling to complete the first batch with delivery in mid-August, what's the chances of the second batch, which is supposed to be delivered in September, being ready on time!

Come on Yamaha, your communications with all who have placed an order and paid a deposit is s**t!!!