Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

where did everyone go?

Cruizin

• 4 weeks later...

No Facebook for me, just waiting for my bike, a few more rides on the WR won’t hurt me, they have the Trans Tasman display on in Sydney on 15 of July, first time to see the bike up close.

• Like 1

See you at the Sydney show Crusty, should be good?

plenty of pics from the first three shows on the Yamaha Australia FB page.

• Like 1

Hey Disco, how did you go on the night, I sat on the blue one with the tall seat, just a bit high for me.

They all looked and sounded  great, I think it is a lot of bike for the money.

I talked with guys from Yamaha about when to expect them and they said “A world wide release in October “ 

We can only wait and see what happens.

Yes Iam about 178cm and found the tall seat just a bit high also. 

One big Positive was that they said EVERY AUS bike will be delivered with a FOAM/OILED AIR FILTER.

Also I found the price of the Yamaha accessories a bit steep, ie AU$450 for a centre stand??

When they fired up the blue bike with the Akro $1150 slip-on I was also a little disappointed (still had baffle in).

Everything else about the bike was great. 

All the accessories were over the top, I thought when you ordered the bike you could mix and match the parts to suit yourself.

Hearing the bikes on the YouTube, the standard exhaust sounds just as good as the Akro.

I think it will need a chain guide, but I think you could make a WR guide fit without much trouble.

8 hours ago, Krusty465 said:

All the accessories were over the top, I thought when you ordered the bike you could mix and match the parts to suit yourself.

Hearing the bikes on the YouTube, the standard exhaust sounds just as good as the Akro.

I think it will need a chain guide, but I think you could make a WR guide fit without much trouble.

No Akra sounds much better, though not much louder

Edited by Rocket Ronny
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 11:42 AM, Rocket Ronny said:

No Akra sounds much better, though not much louder

For me its more about whatever sheds the most lbs, plus it cant get ripped off easily.  Im seriously considering new headers fabbed up to existing stock can.  I did the same thing to my old XR 600 Honda that was fun as heck and too tall on gnarly switchbacks. 

I wish I lived in Spain. Who wants to host me and post tons of pics of your bike on here?  

On 7/18/2019 at 3:22 AM, Krusty465 said:

Chain guide and a WR front fender. There are mount holes for high fender on the fork cross.