Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New exhaust options from Arrow...WITH SPARK ARRESTORS!!!

BellissiMoto

• Supporting Vendor

All the items in the Red boxes are new!

528930231_ArrowTenere700.thumb.jpg.a2d6a37bb9194a53e73bec081190a7ad.jpg

They came out with a new silencer with a turn down exit that looks to be bigger in diameter than the previous turn down exit option.

AND...

ALL the silencers now have a new Spark Arrestor option!  This is great news for everyone wanting to be legal off road!!!

I've already inquired about the differences of the new silencer as far as weight, power, etc., as compared to their existing silencers, and of course pricing on all their new offerings as well.  Once I have that data, I'll post it up, and add these to our website also 🙂

When paired with the Titanium header, Arrow looks to have the lightest, most performance orientated, off-road legal option around.

And what's nice is that all these components are interchangeable with the original, so you can add the silencer of your choice now (with or without spark arrestor), and if you decide you want the header down the road, it's an option.  Great for those who don't want to spring for the full investment all at once.

- Paul

• Like 4

Good to hear.  Arrow customer support is really great.  I emailed them a while back while I was putting together the Exhaust and Spark arrestor post.  They provided a detailed response to my questions and then went a step further.  About 3weeks ago they emailed me that this was in the process of being finalized and would be posted soon on the website. I was shocked that they not only remembered my request but emailed me with more details than I asked for.

Good Job Arrow!!

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
17 hours ago, Goldentaco said:

Good to hear.  Arrow customer support is really great.  I emailed them a while back while I was putting together the Exhaust and Spark arrestor post.  They provided a detailed response to my questions and then went a step further.  About 3weeks ago they emailed me that this was in the process of being finalized and would be posted soon on the website. I was shocked that they not only remembered my request but emailed me with more details than I asked for.

Good Job Arrow!!

That's awesome!

• Supporting Vendor

So I got words back from Arrow on why they actually made the new silencer in the first place...

They said the new Indy Race Steel End Cap silencer is a little quieter than the Titanium End Cap version, and because of this, it meets more homologated requirements.

When I asked about weight and power, they said the weight is *almost* the same, maybe a smidge heavier, but power between all 3 silencers is identical.

I replied and asked him "how much heavier" and still awaiting that reply...not sure if they have that exact data yet as it's a brand new item.

They did say it'll cost less than the Titanium End Cap version....still awaiting pricing on all their new stuff, to include the new optional spark arrestors.

This is really great news for folks wanting performance AND lightweight.

I really like Arrow as a company, because they CONTINUE to develop their product.  They actually do serious R&D into everything they make, and not just use a generic silencer made for something else and weld up some pipe to it.  They ACTUALLY DEVELOP AND TAILOR the product to the application.

You may pay a little more for an Arrow product over the competition sometimes, but it's because of all the R&D that goes into it.

When I was racing my Yamaha R3, I once asked them why they came out with a new Evo version of their already-top-of-the-line Competition Full Titanium System they made for the R3, since I had just purchased it less than a year ago.

Their reply was, "Well, one of the World Supersport 300 teams we sponsor asked us to make the inlet and outlet a millimeter or two different than our previous competition system, to take advantage of their tuning, so we did and now it's available to everyone."

Let that sink in for a minute...they made an ENTIRE NEW EXHAUST because of a 1 or 2 mm change on the inlet and outlet, which brought their total offerings for the Yamaha R3 to 17 different exhaust systems.  17 !!!

Who else does that?!?!  No wonder why they won the inaugural World Supersport 300 Championship.

🙂

- Paul

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I'm looking at arrow headers and pic's of headers show a fat spot in header that looks like a catalytic converter and your pic's

which looks like factory pic does not. Are there 2 different headers? 

Pat 

• Supporting Vendor
On 4/16/2021 at 3:34 AM, mcbrien said:

I'm looking at arrow headers and pic's of headers show a fat spot in header that looks like a catalytic converter and your pic's

which looks like factory pic does not. Are there 2 different headers? 

Pat 

Arrow makes two headers.  Stainless Steel and Titanium.  They are listed as racing headers and don't have a cat in them 🙂

- Paul

• 9 months later...

I know it’s old but have to add, the quality of arrow is fantastic. They sound great too. Have one on my 7 and my 1vj ( which is screwed not riveted so it can be rebuilt easily) and both look fandabidozy. 👍👍

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
7 hours ago, Dougie said:

I know it’s old but have to add, the quality of arrow is fantastic. They sound great too. Have one on my 7 and my 1vj ( which is screwed not riveted so it can be rebuilt easily) and both look fandabidozy. 👍👍

Yes, they are fantastic!

• Like 1