Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Display frozen - anyone else have this happen?

John Beard

Today I was out for a ride and after about half an hour, the display froze up completely, showing the same speed, odometer reading, and gear for the rest of the ride, even though I was speeding up, slowing down, stopping. I kept riding not wanting to shut it off and restart it, just in case. I rode another 25 minutes or so to get back home I turned it off and on again, and it seemed alright again. The odometer updated to a higher value which seemed to be very close to the actual distance travelled between when I first noticed  it was stuck and I got home and shut it off. 

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue? I searched the forum and didn't see it reported and apologize if I missed it. 

Outside temperature was around 40 Fahrenheit / 5 Celsius, and dry. 

I had the  issue with the display during the brake in period . Riding on tarmac suddenly the display started to flash (all data were flashing), so I stopped  the bike, turned the engine off, started it again and everything was fine as it should be. It was reported to Yamaha during the first inspection after 1000 km. No mistakes were found after they have checked the bike with the Yamaha diagnostic tool. Now, it's about 11000 km on my T7 and everything is ok.

Edited by slawmir

3 hours ago, slawmir said:

I had the  issue with the display during the brake in period . Riding on tarmac suddenly the display started to flash (all data were flashing), so I stopped  the bike, turned the engine off, started it again and everything was fine as it should be. It was reported to Yamaha during the first inspection after 1000 km. No mistakes were found after they have checked the bike with the Yamaha diagnostic tool. Now, it's about 11000 km on my T7 and everything is ok.

Thanks. I'm well beyond the break in period at 3400km. It stuck at 91km/h, 5th gear, RPM, time, everything, but there were no flashing lights. I've been off-roading it - ride to trail, ride trail, ride home, and wondering if something became loose, or water affected anything (trails last week were very wet). Judging by the number of replies so far it doesn't seem to be a common issue. 

• 3 weeks later...