Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Guess I’ll join the Tracer 900 GT forum now

roy826

Bought a 2020 Tracer 900 GT today. Will not pick it up until late tomorrow. Super excited. Last sport tourer was a 2012 Concours 14 big pig. Looking forward to the leap forward on a top quality Yamaha! 

Edited by roy826
  • Like 1

Congrats!

If you are tall (long legged and/or long arms) it will be cramped. Other than that, the engine is a gem!

Good luck!

I think I have Yamaha disease...

9 minutes ago, Canzvt said:

Congrats!

If you are tall (long legged and/or long arms) it will be cramped. Other than that, the engine is a gem!

Good luck!

I’m Only 5’9” tall and I already tried out the base model the dealer had and it fit me like a glove. 

Congratulations....I bought a used, low mile 2019 Tracer 900 GT four weeks ago.  It is a very fun bike that gets along well with my Tenere 700 and Super Tenere.

• Like 2

Is this replacing your T7 or adding to it? 

Before I bought my T7 I thought long and hard weather I wanted to go the adventure route, sport tourer route or scrambler. I decided adventure gave me the least restrictions. I am super curious about the sport tourers though. 

7 hours ago, DT675 said:

Is this replacing your T7 or adding to it? 

Before I bought my T7 I thought long and hard weather I wanted to go the adventure route, sport tourer route or scrambler. I decided adventure gave me the least restrictions. I am super curious about the sport tourers though. 

Adding not replacing T7. I traded in my 17 Africa Twin which I could not selling two months of trying and a 16 Suzuki GSX-S1000 naked liter bike monster I had for 4 years and reached the end of what I could do to make it meaner.

I love a sport tourer and I must be weird because they are not super popular.

Edited by roy826

15 hours ago, roy826 said:

Bought a 2020 Tracer 900 GT today. Will not pick it up until late tomorrow. Super excited. Last sport tourer was a 2012 Concours 14 big pig. Looking forward to the leap forward on a top quality Yamaha! 

tracer900.net is where its at

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 5:01 AM, roy826 said:

Exactly the same as Old man: I traded in my Tracer 900 GT for the T7 Rally Edition. The Tracer is a great bike, nothing to complain about and I rode some 30,000 km in 20 months. Congrats!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marktbike said:

Exactly the same as Old man: I traded in my Tracer 900 GT for the T7 Rally Edition. The Tracer is a great bike, nothing to complain about and I rode some 30,000 km in 20 months. Congrats!

Week of Tracer 900 GT ownership in the books and I’m digging it. Waiting on the FedEx truck with a Akrapovic full system for it. 

0071F714-E7B0-4231-9A28-313A11CEF2A8.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 10:49 AM, roy826 said:

Week of Tracer 900 GT ownership in the books and I’m digging it. Waiting on the FedEx truck with a Akrapovic full system for it. 

0071F714-E7B0-4231-9A28-313A11CEF2A8.jpeg

@2 Wheel DynoWorks can unlock a bunch of more power on that bike if ya want. 

Nice looking bike Roy.

Don’t know what Yamaha has done with the suspension  in the last 5 years but the biggest improvement to my FZ 09 was Traxxion cartridges and a Penske 2 clicker.  

Edited by gone2seed
because
  • Like 1

The GT has upgraded suspension towards the base model. It's not perfect, but certainly something you can live with, at least this was my impression after 30,000 km. Admittedly, not racing at all...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gone2seed said:

Nice looking bike Roy.

Don’t know what Yamaha has done with the suspension  in the last 5 years but the biggest improvement to my FZ 09 was Traxxion cartridges and a Penske 2 clicker.  

Every spring I have to resist digging out the leathers and heading for the track with it.

(recovering trackday junkie)

Thanks, yea the suspension is pretty good on it for me and my size. I was impressed I did not have to dump more money into it to make it super good. 

6 hours ago, Cruizin said:

@2 Wheel DynoWorks can unlock a bunch of more power on that bike if ya want. 

Only problem I have with that is they use FTECU who I have already had a horrible experience with in the past on a Suzuki GSX-S1000 that was ecu flashed by them personally.