Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Best Tenere 700 Exhaust kit for power and with spark arrestor.

Cruizin

Ok, this thread should be long.  We will discuss different options that catch my eye over time and I will pick a kit sometime this winter.

Criteria.  Im looking for power as well as weight reduction.  Im also looking for something that comes with a removable/replaceable spark arrester. 

I will also have @2 Wheel DynoWorks work me up a matching tune for whatever exhaust I choose, keeping in mind that I will probably run snorkel in dirt/desert conditions, but take the snorkel off in street conditions.  I will also be running one of my foam filters full time. 

First exhaust kit Im looking at, Yoshimura RS-12 ADV Exhaust System Yamaha Tenere 700 2021 $599.00 USD

Does anyone have this full kit? I like that it comes with a spark arrestor that can be removed and replaced.  

yoshimura2021_yamaha_tenere700_rs12_adv_street_ss_ss_cf_wf_750x750 (1).jpg

yoshimura2021_yamaha_tenere700_rs12_adv_street_ss_ss_cf_wf_750x750.jpg

It appears to be made of Stainless steel instead of Titanium . Does it include headers? Anyone know?

I am extremely happy with the weight, sound, and look of my locally  (NSW Australia) made Barret muffler. Only $495 delivered anywhere in Australia versus $1,190 for the Akro.

I had mine made 30mm shorter than the standard for a nicer note and less weight, comes with a spark arrestor which is removable.

IMG_1380.JPG

Dirt 1.JPG

Edited by LOFTYBOB
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, LOFTYBOB said:

I am extremely happy with the weight, sound, and look of my locally  (NSW Australia) made Barret muffler. Only $495 delivered anywhere in Australia versus $1,190 for the Akro.

I had mine made 30mm shorter than the standard for a nicer note and less weight, comes with a spark arrestor which is removable.

IMG_1380.JPG

Dirt 1.JPG

Im in the USA and the Yosh kit above costs $599 

The only high quality exhausts I know of on the market that have spark arrestors are the Yoshi and Arrow, and I'd wager a bet that the Arrow is lighter, and LIGHTEST if you go with full Ti headers 🙂

- Paul

Wings has a spark arrestor and is waiting on USFS approval.

photos.svg

Wings titanium exhaust with real carbon fibre end cap and heat shield for YAMAHA TENERE 700 -premium product in terms of design, function and materials - USA&CAN

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2020 at 9:23 PM, Cruizin said:

Ok, this thread should be long.  We will discuss different options that catch my eye over time and I will pick a kit sometime this winter.

Criteria.  Im looking for power as well as weight reduction.  Im also looking for something that comes with a removable/replaceable spark arrester. 

I will also have @2 Wheel DynoWorks work me up a matching tune for whatever exhaust I choose, keeping in mind that I will probably run snorkel in dirt/desert conditions, but take the snorkel off in street conditions.  I will also be running one of my foam filters full time. 

First exhaust kit Im looking at, Yoshimura RS-12 ADV Exhaust System Yamaha Tenere 700 2021 $599.00 USD

Does anyone have this full kit? I like that it comes with a spark arrestor that can be removed and replaced.  

yoshimura2021_yamaha_tenere700_rs12_adv_street_ss_ss_cf_wf_750x750 (1).jpg

yoshimura2021_yamaha_tenere700_rs12_adv_street_ss_ss_cf_wf_750x750.jpg

It appears to be made of Stainless steel instead of Titanium . Does it include headers? Anyone know?

I ordered the slipon yosh at the begining of the week . It should get here tomorrow . I was told the full syatems are not available till Jan. For that price it is only a slip on.

• Like 1

Eventually I will look at replacing the stock exhaust. $1195 NZD for the yoshi and $1460 NZD for the akra here in NZ.  Expensive for a bit of bling.

The Barrett from Australia looks really good value and so far heard good reviews. Works out $550 NZD plus delivery and it’s just across the ditch. When I do something about it the Barrett will be my pick. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fuz71 said:

Eventually I will look at replacing the stock exhaust. $1195 NZD for the yoshi and $1460 NZD for the akra here in NZ.  Expensive for a bit of bling.

The Barrett from Australia looks really good value and so far heard good reviews. Works out $550 NZD plus delivery and it’s just across the ditch. When I do something about it the Barrett will be my pick. 

You won’t be disappointed mate, make sure you order it 30mm shorter than standard. Sound is awesome.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LOFTYBOB said:

You won’t be disappointed mate, make sure you order it 30mm shorter than standard. Sound is awesome.

Awesome. That’s good to know. It’s on my list for sure. 

Had Delkelvic full decat systems on other bikes and am really hoping they make a T7 system because of reasonable prices and high quality. 

23 hours ago, Goldentaco said:

Wings has a spark arrestor and is waiting on USFS approval.

photos.svg

Wings titanium exhaust with real carbon fibre end cap and heat shield for YAMAHA TENERE 700 -premium product in terms of design, function and materials - USA&CAN

Thanks for sharing that link! This exhaust is high end with real carbon fiber end cap and under $500 USD!  I might be getting this one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 7:02 PM, Cruizin said:

Thanks for sharing that link! This exhaust is high end with real carbon fiber end cap and under $500 USD!  I might be getting this one. 

Here’s a couple picks of the Wings exhaust on my scooter, I also run it on my 690R. With the dB killer and spark arrestor It has a nice throaty quality sound to it.  Gorazd the owner of Wings is awesome to deal with and shipping is ridiculously fast. 4 days from Slovenia to NW Colorado.

02E55201-F71C-4248-B6E2-ED944A1C645F.jpeg

1F284FA6-FB18-4572-9987-851D291D75FA.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2020 at 11:14 PM, Zbob said:

Here’s a couple picks of the Wings exhaust on my scooter, I also run it on my 690R. With the dB killer and spark arrestor It has a nice throaty quality sound to it.  Gorazd the owner of Wings is awesome to deal with and shipping is ridiculously fast. 4 days from Slovenia to NW Colorado.

02E55201-F71C-4248-B6E2-ED944A1C645F.jpeg

1F284FA6-FB18-4572-9987-851D291D75FA.jpeg

It came without the wings sticket or you removed it?
Thanks 🙂

I had a wings on my 1190 and really liked it

• 3 months later...

Just an update for anyone looking at yoshimura rs-12 adv. I bought  the full system($1284cdn all in), it didn't come with a baffle or a spark arrestor. "Sold separately", the can itself is rather heavy(7lbs).  still waiting on the bike So I don't have an install  or sound report.

Edited by Canadian-t7