Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Goodbye 701, welcome T7!

cosmic

Hi everyone! Duje,43 from Split, Croatia is in the house! As mentioned in the title i just sold my 701 and replaced it with the new racing red T7 just minutes after. 

I've tested it as soon as it came out and although i was hugely impressed, i didn't make the switch.

More then one year passed and i found myself not doing that crazy hard enduro trails anymore, so the idea to return to yamaha after 8 years was alive again. After owning the '11 S10 & '12 WR450F , i'm very excited to bring home this gem.

Looking forward to share some experiences here and learn few things along the way.

Cheers!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Hi everyone! Duje,43 from Split, Croatia is in the house! As mentioned in the title i just sold my 701 and replaced it with the new racing red T7 just minutes after. 

I've tested it as soon as it came out and although i was hugely impressed, i didn't make the switch.

More then one year passed and i found myself not doing that crazy hard enduro trails anymore, so the idea to return to yamaha after 8 years was alive again. After owning the '11 S10 & '12 WR450F , i'm very excited to bring home this gem.

Looking forward to share some experiences here and learn few things along the way.

Cheers!

Brilliant and welcome to the party.

I think you'll love the T7. You can either ride as is, or personalise it and make it even better. I've done quite a bit to mine and it's even better now. It's a truly superb machine.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Rich

Thanks Rich. I'm all about mods and farkles. Crispy is printing "speed block's" graphics as we speak. :) Some other must mods are incoming also. For the rest, meaning suspensions, I'll ride for a while before pulling the plug on anything .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Thanks Rich. I'm all about mods and farkles. Crispy is printing "speed block's" graphics as we speak. 🙂 Some other must mods are incoming also. For the rest, meaning suspensions, I'll ride for a while before pulling the plug on anything .

Brilliant. Crispy is great. I've had stickers from him on my KTM 525 EXC. 

There's a thread on here, something long the lines of "best mods" etc. I and others have added to that. There's lots of things you can do that don't cost anything or much and make the riding experience much better. Then you can really spend some money when you want- haha.

Enjoy

Rich

• Like 1

Welcome to you. Croatia is stunning and the off roading must be incredible.

the T7 is a complete open book and you don't have to spend a lot to make it biased to your style of riding.

so many bits available to make it Flippin awesome.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cosmic said:

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to hearing your comparisons of the two bikes. I too have backed off alot of hard single track trails as I'm getting old and sore from many years of crashes and spills.

This bike is a freaking blast on forest svc roads and ATV trails. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cosmic said:

Cheers!

Pozdrav veliki... 👍, look forward to seeing some pictures.. 

Aleks 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, beater_bimmer said:

Split is an amazing place, please post some adventure pics!

Will do, but not with the 701! 😃