Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Lowering - required parts

charliescarface

Question

Perhaps asked and answered. For my '21 T700, is Yamaha's OEM low seat (BW3-F47C0-V0-00) required if I install their lowering kit (BW3-F33A0-V0-00)? Do they have to be used in tandem? Can I install just the lowering kit and see what type of reduction that gets me?

Thank you.

9 answers to this question

you can get them individually

lower Seat & lower link are not tie together in anyway. Each of them helps to lower by its own amount.

As for if your dealer will sell them separately, that is a different question.

On 11/10/2020 at 7:02 PM, charliescarface said:

Perhaps asked and answered. For my '21 T700, is Yamaha's OEM low seat (BW3-F47C0-V0-00) required if I install their lowering kit (BW3-F33A0-V0-00)? Do they have to be used in tandem? Can I install just the lowering kit and see what type of reduction that gets me?

Thank you.

Don’t rush with reducing clearance (it is ADV bike). Start with low seat and if that’s not enough continue with lowering links (just fyi - aftermarket is 3-4 times cheaper than oem). 

On 11/13/2020 at 4:46 PM, Romiec said:

Don’t rush with reducing clearance (it is ADV bike). Start with low seat and if that’s not enough continue with lowering links (just fyi - aftermarket is 3-4 times cheaper than oem). 

It is not necessary to fit both the lowering links and the lowering seat together. Before you think of the lowering seat think about the distance you are going to be riding because from experience they are bloody uncomfortable after a couple of hours riding. As for the lowering links I don’t completely agree with not doing the conversion I have and as yet have not found a situation where I regret doing so. Prior to the T7 I had an XT660 and even with the lowering links the T7 has more ground clearance. Cheers mate

Any recommendations on specific after-market low seats? I'm not opposed to the Yamaha seat but if one provides better comfort at the same time, I'm interested. Thanks.

The Yamaha low seat is OK but not great.  I'd get the Seat Concepts low kit available now (2 piece) or wait for the full seat (one piece) coming around the first of the year!!

On 11/18/2020 at 10:29 AM, charliescarface said:

Beside Seat Concepts, any other lowered seats out there for the '21 Tenere you folks have tried? 

I think that's the only one to my knowledge