Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

My Stable

Idarex

I put my bikes in the "family room" for the winter on Sunday and it snowed on Monday.  When I did it I noticed something very strange.  I'm content with the bikes I have and I'm not lusting after another.  Wow I must be getting old, doh!

Pics

1/2  In the family room stored for the winter

3  Road bike  =  ZRX1200R

4  ADV bike   =  T7

5  Dual Sport  =  KLX351S

6  Trail Bike  =  Beta Xtrainer

IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_4217.JPG

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_4349.jpg

• Like 8

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Look what followed me home last week!

2022 Beta 390 RR Race Edition.jpg

Edited by Idarex
  • Like 4

Unfortunately it's stuck in the family room with the siblings for another month.  I guess this means I'll have to sell the KLX.

390 2.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Stable! Question, if you started to rent your bikes like in Riders Share and Twisted Road, wouldn't that become more like a brothel rather than a stable? This inquiring mind would like to know.  

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

The King of the brothel followed me home....   Soooo happy!

Auction 1.jpg

Home 1.jpg

Original Owners Manual.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got it at an auction.  I was driving down the road 6am on a Saturday headed to McDonalds for an egg McMuffin before a soccer match kicked on TV.  I saw it sitting on the side of the road.  👀

I flipped a U and pulled the VIN and engine number.  I checked them online and it was legit.  I went to the auction site and they had it listed as a KZ900 but it is a 1974 z1.

The auction was a week later on a Saturday.  It bid up to $800 in the on-line auction.  I went in later in the week and registered to bid.  I checked all the parts on it.  It’s complete original except wrong seat, grab bar, handle bars, and grips.  It has the headlight bucket but is missing the headlight and internals.

Wrong paint obviously.  It looks like a custom 70s paint job on the bike and Vetter fairing.  Also the exhaust looks like it’s off a KZ 1000 or an LTD.

I showed at the auction.  A guy bid $1k and I bid $1,250.  That was it, I got it!

I put a battery on it when I got home and got it started.  It ran but fuel was squirting out all of the carbs running over the engine and into the magneto cover.  I had to shut it down.  I took the fairing off and stuck it in the rafters.  Side note, the Vetter has a cigarette lighter.

For now I’ll stick the Z1 in the family room for the summer and decide what I’m going to do with it this winter.  I’ll get her into daily rider condition at a minimum.

still sooooo happy!

• Like 1

I’m sure some people on here would use that fairing if you were selling. It’s only a little larger than some of the examples we’ve seen on here. 😁

then put some drag bars or clip ons on the kwak. 🤟

nice bikes. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

What a classic ol kwaka 9, well done, I'd be sleeping beside it for a week, what a steal at that price.   love the ZRX1200R up top idarex, you still have that one?  It has some nice mods.   And what are those gold pegs on the T7, what brand are they???

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 9:10 PM, winddown said:

What a classic ol kwaka 9, well done, I'd be sleeping beside it for a week, what a steal at that price.   love the ZRX1200R up top idarex, you still have that one?  It has some nice mods.   And what are those gold pegs on the T7, what brand are they???

Sorry man just saw this.   Yes still have the ZRX.  Just recently did a 3 day ride over Lolo on it.  Bought the ZRX new and have no plans to sell it.  I still regret selling a mint condition GPz750 when I bought the Rex.

The Gold pegs are Fastway Air Ext.  I originally bought them for my Beta but installed them on the T7 just because.  I really like the Ext on the T7 so I will be keeping them on it.  Fastway is a local Idaho company and their pegs are expensive.  The gold was a limited production run Fastway did in the Spring of 2020.

Still very psyched about the Z1 falling in my lap.  I haven't touched it yet.  Getting her into a daily rider condition will probably be a project for this winter.  I haven't moved her into the family room yet but I do enjoy going out to the garage and looking at her.  -EP

Edited by Idarex