Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Cartridge tool

MikeCMP

Hello,

I bought a Rally Raid setup form a gent who originally was going to get a T7 but then changed his mind and sold the new in box suspension to me. I've worked on forks like this before on my S10, and I made a cartridge holding tool to help get the bolts out.

Anyone have the rough dimensions of this for the T7? I am not sure i can find my piece of pipe i used before and not sure its the right size anyway, and don't want to spend the 60 bucks on a tool i will use probably 2 times if i don't have to.

This is the tool

Failing that if someone has one they can loam me i would be happy to mail it back when done 🙂

Thanks in advance,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Well I bought the motion pro version of the tool and it turned out I needed it. 

Mike

On 11/13/2020 at 3:33 PM, MikeCMP said:

Hello,

I bought a Rally Raid setup form a gent who originally was going to get a T7 but then changed his mind and sold the new in box suspension to me. I've worked on forks like this before on my S10, and I made a cartridge holding tool to help get the bolts out.

Anyone have the rough dimensions of this for the T7? I am not sure i can find my piece of pipe i used before and not sure its the right size anyway, and don't want to spend the 60 bucks on a tool i will use probably 2 times if i don't have to.

This is the tool

Failing that if someone has one they can loam me i would be happy to mail it back when done 🙂

Thanks in advance,

Mike

If you have access to an air gun, or cordless nut driver, it is possible to spin out the oem compression adjusters with speed, but when trying to remove them by hand with a wrench and socket, the oem Cartridge tends to rotate inside the leg

• Like 1

I had thought of the impact gun but the threads are very fine, and I think there was some lock tight on those nuts. I think was worried about the thread getting messed up on my forks. 

Mike

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, ricosuave said:

a length of 3/4 inch square tubing works perfectly for removing cartridge. Don't need to

buy specific tool

A wooden broomstick works as well to prevent spinning.

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings