Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Sharing my latest addition

Wiley

Just browsing at the local Japanese/KTM dealership a few weeks back I saw a used 2019 KTM Adventure 1090R which was almost as new. Actually better than new with only 64 miles it had already been farkled out with a Seat Concepts seat, Pia driving lights, Rottweiler airbox mod, center stand, KTM bash plate, Akrapovic slip-on, heated grips, luggage rack plate, and probably a few other little things I'm forgetting. It was priced fairly plus they allowed an excellent trade value for a Crosstourer I wanted rid of so the deal was done and it followed me home.

IMG-5370.jpg

IMG-5372.jpg

IMG-5375.jpg

It does somewhat duplicate the T7 but these kind of motorcycles are my favorite so I don't mind at all. I will say the suspension is the best I've ever experienced and it has all kinds of power.

• Like 2

Wow !  Nice addition Wiley  , l demo'd a 1090 when they come out at ama vintage days a few yrs ago  & if l wasn't set on waiting for the T7 to come to the U.S. l would have added another KTM to my collection & the 1090 would have been my choice , enjoy .

21 T700 - 08 ktm 300xcw - 06 ktm 400exc - 06 xt225 - 04 & 06 heritage Softail classics - 85 it200 - 75 dt 100 & 250 - 76 dt 250 - 79 CT 90 - 71 CT 70

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chopper! Actually it's fairly similar to the T7 abet 50# heavier, more money, more power, taller upper gearing, and nicer suspension..... 

• 5 months later...

I really love these. I would have rather had one than the T7 but couldn't find a clean used one. Oddly enough my local dealer had a T7 sitting on the floor

Seems backward from most people's experiences, lol. I still lust after the 1090 though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hell yeah! That thing is awesome! 

How are you liking it still? Where are finding your riding the KTM and not so much the T7? Visa versa? 

• 1 month later...

DT To be honest I never really bonded with the 1090R . The 1090 ran well and its suspension was the best I've experienced on a bike like this. The bike was tall for me (5'-11", 32" inseam) to the point I *knew* it was only a matter of time until I dropped it just backing it out of the garage. It also put out a lot of heat in warm weather. I came across quite a number of discussions relating to both fuel and water pump failures. My friend's fuel pump failed on his 1190 Adventure at 18,000 miles while on a trip. I started noticing it'd take 3-4 starts before the bike would continue running and if it continued or worsened I felt I'd have to have the dealer sort it out (it was still under warranty). However I questioned if KTM would warranty issue since the original owner had changed to an aftermarket airbox along with some other changes and "dongles" to make the bike run better.  So I ended up trading it back in on a 2020 Africa Twin basic, manual.