Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Some of my other bikes

Cruizin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Premium Member

I have had: a Yamaha YZ 250, a Triumph Tiger 955i a 95 Aprilia Pegaso 650, a DR 350S, a VF500FII, a CBR600FM, a MT-09 and a DR-Z 400E... Now have: an Yamaha MT-10, the Tenere 700 and a Kawasaki KLX 450R.

5675028C-F29D-4CE7-9D98-3A461BDEB38A.jpeg

Edited by X Plane
Added to

• 2 weeks later...

A lovely selection of bikes guys. And Cruizin you have a fantastic back yard!

I'd have to go through a pile of old photos and digitize them to show you some of what I have owned but will give you a list instead.

Kawasaki KV175 (first bike when I was about 15), IT250J (first registered road bike), TT500, YZ250H, XL500, RD250LC, RG250, TS250X, KLR650, XV750, FZ750,  KH100,  BMW R80 G/S, XS1100, CBR1000, two XT600's, YZF1000 Thunderace, and a DT200 which is all I ride these days. I think that is all of them?

The TT500 is one which I still wish I had in the shed but they cost $$$ now! I have a soft spot for the Beemer, although it was odd to ride it was fun, great in town and on longer rides. Pity the boxer engine beemers now all weigh more than a truck. The YZF I never liked much but did more miles on that than any other bike, mostly commuting from 1996 till 2010 when I moved away from the city and to my farm.. I wouldn't ever want another sports bike, though it was fun outrunning the police once or twice when I was younger and stupider.

So from this list you can probably guess my age. I've never had a bike with ABS, ride modes, linked brakes and so on, not sure if I would want to though maybe ABS might save my @ss one day?

Now i'm saving to get back on the road as riding the DT around my farm is fun it's a bit repetitive.