Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Ergonomics

concours

I found the seat/handlebar/peg relation SPOT On for me. Orangutan bodily proprtions, 6'2", 37" shirt sleeve, 33" inseam.  No intention to modify anything.

• Like 2

I'm 6'2" also - more crablike in physique than orangutan - 37" sleeve and 36" inseam. The bike seemed pretty good until I rode it off road. I benefitted from some 30mm bar risers, and will be ordering a tall seat from Seat Concepts when their one-piece seat comes out.

9 hours ago, concours said:

I found the seat/handlebar/peg relation SPOT On for me. Orangutan bodily proprtions, 6'2", 37" shirt sleeve, 33" inseam.  No intention to modify anything.

Same feeling here, everything is placed in the right position. I'm 6'2", 34 inseam but I have the taller seat the Rally Edition comes with. Really satisfied...

I am 6' 32" inseam. I lowered the pegs (OEM Adventure pegs), installed the OEM Rally Seat, rotated the handlebar mounts so the bars are more forward, and have a Seat Concepts tall comfort seat (group buy) ordered. 

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

I am getting the seat concepts high comfort seat kit - at the moment if i ride for 4-5 hours my knees start to bother me a bit - i think my legs are bent a little more on this bike than on my S10. Also need to look into some lower pegs would be my guess. I have not seen the OEM adventure pegs, every time I try to search up Yamaha's OEM accessories its like they purposefully make them hard to find and buy.

The only lowering pegs i found are the pivot pegs, and the t7 rally pegs.

Handle bar position is good, I have a set of FASST bars i need to migrate over to my T7, they were from my s10 and i need to figure out how to fit some handguards.

Mike

• Like 1

Well, I'm 5'9" and have a short torso / long legs. The ergo's feel perfect to me as well.  Sitting, standing, aggressive or relaxed.  i did fit a stiffer rear spring so there's less sag.  And I find it to be the tallest bike around.  But it's perfect for me.

• Like 1

5'6" - 28' inseam

its tall, i'm used to that, and concerned for riding in the dirt.

However, when i sit on the bike?  EVERYTHING is exactly where I expect it to be, and its comfy, easy to control, and absolute fun in the twisties.

not yet able to take it into dirt, will keep ya'll informed.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/23/2020 at 3:31 PM, ride2little said:

Well, I'm 5'9" and have a short torso / long legs. The ergo's feel perfect to me as well.  Sitting, standing, aggressive or relaxed.  i did fit a stiffer rear spring so there's less sag.  And I find it to be the tallest bike around.  But it's perfect for me.

5'10 here, similarly short torso 34" inside leg, absolutely perfect fit for me, seating position 100% the best of any machine I have owned, long days in saddle are a pleasure apart from normal butt ache after 300 Miles, but withevery single machine owned would be same.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am 5'11'' and think the bars are too far fwd for active riding. Probably the only point I found better on the KTM 790.  Funny is, that when standing the riding position is the best I have seen in a long time. So not a big deal, the feel for the front wheel is still better than on any GS or Africa Twin I have ridden so far...

I am 6'4" and have the rally seat and 30mm bar risers... fits me like a glove and 300 miles days are ok for me... 😄