Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hi from Cape Town, South Africa

zebra

Not yet an owner,  it I own a bike accessory store, and getting requests for the usual accessories, pannier racks, lowers foot pegs, orange headlight protector, crash bars, etc...

Yamaha Dealership brought one around whilst we test fitted 20mm lower foot pegs, and an orange headlight protector (these, unique to SA I think) are legal in SA, basically a colored Lexan headlight ‘mask’ that is legal, but not mandatory, in this country, to differentiate bikes from cars and vehicles, and prevent the ‘I simply did not see you’ comments. Yamaha S.A. gave us 6 weeks advance access to homologation bike to pull a headlight mold.

footpegs we GUESSED which bracket Yamaha would use ahead of SA launch, and guessed right, they were a perfect fit! We have also built 30mm lower pegs, but they are not for everyone, you have to ‘find’ your rear brake lever!

I then test rode the bike on 8km tar and 300m hard-pack, so the briefest of test rides, but was more impressed than I thought I would be, just the wobbly headlight/dash unit needs a stabilizer, and bike likely under-sprung for my weight - 91kg, but got to love that motor!

Pannier racks with in-built fuel cell mounts well under way, and studying future swapping out of bulb indicators for l.e.d.s as and when needed.

cheers, from sunny Cape Town, and well done Yamaha; finally a long-awaited dual-sport bike back in the stable!