Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Found this. Any suggestions?

marktbike

I found this nut about 30 cm (1 ft) north west of the T7's side stand. Admittedly, my garage is a messy place and it could very well have nothing to do with the bike. But my peace of mind is a tiny bit damaged. Could any of you DIY kings restore it? Thank you in advance!

20201127_104754_copy_1024x1365.jpg

Any clues to where it could belong? I'd like to be sure it's not come off the bike...

Edited by marktbike

Doesn't look like any fastener I have removed off the bike. Only nuts on the bike that come to mind from my limited experience are me (The biggest nut) the linkage nuts which are locking, the shock, and the swingarms, and there is as staked nut on the front sprocket. There are likely more like on the steering head but those are large and you would know if they were off 🙂

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks a lot MikeCMP, of course I checked the one whose absence would cause damage (like brake calipers, to mention one) and apparently there's nothing missing. Well, thanks for the feedback, I guess I'll keep on riding and will find my peace of mind during time...

With the way this is rounded i’d say its not from your T7.  I've not seen a single bolt on the bike that looks anything like that. 

• Like 1

years back while roadracing,  we MIGHT have dropped a nut or bolt in the opponents pit, just to freak em out and make em start searching all around their bike for issue

that does not look like it came from a Tenere - i'd suspect rolled out from another project.

Edited by cstatman