Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Shorter Stands

Ktmmitch

Our own T7 is looking a bit sad in the workshop, in need of a bit of TLC, but we are just finishing final development of a shorter side stand & centre stand. This is due to the amount of T7 owners lowering their bikes, to make touching the floor easier, but unfortunately this can make the T7 sit too upright when on the side stand, causing it to fall over in extreme cases.
Our side stand uses a cnc machined pivot, with fabricated 25mm steel tube leg, and will be supplied with a new spring, much stronger than the OEM version.
We will also make a shorter centre stand, as anyone who has lowered their T7 by 40-50mm will find it very hard to get the bike onto the OEM centre stand.

T7.jpg

STAND.jpg

PIVOTS.jpg

• Like 2

i think you would also have GREAT success selling just the stronger spring!

Edited by cstatman

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Bobi said:

Where can I get this shorter side stand

https://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/yamaha-t7-tenere/yamaha-t7-tenere-short-shorter-side-stand-lowered

No affiliation but I use their products on T7 and 690 Enduro R.

• Thanks 1

That's why Yamaha only sells a 20mm lowering link, doesn't require a shorter side stand.

I put one on my wife's T7 and the lower Seat Customs seat and it was enough for my wife of 5'7"

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, UtahJack said:

That's why Yamaha only sells a 20mm lowering link, doesn't require a shorter side stand.

I put one on my wife's T7 and the lower Seat Customs seat and it was enough for my wife of 5'7"

Yamaha factory lowering links for the T7 are only 18mm. The Rally Raid lowering links made for T7 are 20mm and are a third of the cost ($40 vs $115). Remember, the fork tubes should come up 12 - 15mm also when installing 18 - 20mm dog bones. Doing this DOES cause the bike not to lean over on the side stand far enough. If a lower side stand is not installed after lowering, its only a matter of time. Some riders are cutting the foot off the bottom of their stock side stand, cutting 20mm off the bottom and welding the foot back on (cost effective route). I opted with an adjustable side stand made by T-Rex. Works great.

s-l400.jpg

Located in the heart of motocross country, MX PowerPlay is fueled by employees with a passion for adventure and the outdoors. Helpful Links. Riding Gear. Parts & Accessories. Tires & Wheels. Tusk Mohawk Radius Rod...

KS77-7-2T.jpg

T-Rex Racing 2019 - 2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 Adjustable Kickstand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobi said:

How comfortable is the lower seat?

About just as uncomfortable as the standard size stock seat, maybe a little more. 

• Like 1

Awaiting info on the shorter center stand.

I have the RR links and pushed the fork tubes up 15mm. With the stock side stand, it sat ok in the garage or any level surface. But parking by the side of a crowned road was a tip over waiting to happen. I installed the Camel Adv 20mm shorter stand and everything is good.

• Like 1