Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha is satisfying orders based on colour, not order time!

JamesE

Just spoken to my dealership this morning. They've informed me that Yamaha are satisfying the orders for Black bikes first, then White, with the Blues last. They have blacks getting delivered this week but my Blue (which was the first order at the dealership) won't arrive until the first half of August now. As you can imagine, a bit miffed to say the least...

Not sure if this has already been posted but thought it would be useful information for some.

9to5adv.com

9 hours ago, JamesE said:

Just spoken to my dealership this morning. They've informed me that Yamaha are satisfying the orders for Black bikes first, then White, with the Blues last. They have blacks getting delivered this week but my Blue (which was the first order at the dealership) won't arrive until the first half of August now. As you can imagine, a bit miffed to say the least...

Not sure if this has already been posted but thought it would be useful information for some.

That is not accurate mate, blue ones already being delivered this week in Spain at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes , blue are delievered in Denmark last week. I ordered a White in march, but despite a promised e-mail from Yamaha, that I should get my White in July, there is still No trace of it  😞

Thanks for this Information. I ordernd a blue one in March in the first 44 min. Live in the North of Germany.  No T7 yet here! I am very angry about that. Have any German get his T7?

UPDATE: got the good news that my white T700 arrives on thursday this week....can't wait 🙂

Rick ! You are only 2 hours from my dealer :

Alle nye Yamaha Motorcykler

Edited by Sonderjude
  • Like 1

first one here in Scotland last week and it was a Bluey, my Black one still scheduled for September apparently ?

• Like 1

OK, let me update on my situation.

So I was the first to order (a blue) at my dealership, as soon as the system went online.

Back when I wrote this, the Yamaha area rep had been in and said there were 3 due to the dealership initially - one of each colour. The white and black we due in the next few days and the blue sometime in August. Now I had a trip to France booked for the 31st July which was to be done on a bike and I was determined to go on the Tenere. So with a bit of moving around, my dealership swapped my order with a guy who had ordered the black as he didn't mind waiting and preferred the blue (and I preferred the black by then).

What happens to turn up the next day? The blue one!

So the other guy has the blue and off he goes. The next day the white arrives, but the system says the black one is shipped so should be there really soon. Days go by and nothing.

After a lot of running around between me, the dealership and Yamaha, it turns out they got their colours mixed up and the black is the one not due till mid-August! An absolute nightmare. So I'm still waiting for mine and I ended up going on the long weekend in France on my Tiger.

• Like 1

9to5adv.com

3 hours ago, JamesE said:

So I was the first to order (a blue) at my dealership, as soon as the system went online.

Back when I wrote this, the Yamaha area rep had been in and said there were 3 due to the dealership initially - one of each colour. The white and black we due in the next few days and the blue sometime in August. Now I had a trip to France booked for the 31st July which was to be done on a bike and I was determined to go on the Tenere. So with a bit of moving around, my dealership swapped my order with a guy who had ordered the black as he didn't mind waiting and preferred the blue (and I preferred the black by then).

So the other guy has the blue and off he goes. The next day the white arrives, but the system says the black one is shipped so should be there really soon. Days go by and nothing.

After a lot of running around between me, the dealership and Yamaha, it turns out they got their colours mixed up and the black is the one not due till mid-August! An absolute nightmare. So I'm still waiting for mine and I ended up going on the long weekend in France on my Tiger.

That sucks man, sorry to hear that! 

20 hours ago, Sonderjude said:

UPDATE: got the good news that my white T700 arrives on thursday this week....can't wait 🙂

Rick ! You are only 2 hours from my dealer :

Alle nye Yamaha Motorcykler

Be sure to post some pics!  Also be sure to start your free album in our gallery. 

3 hours ago, JamesE said:

Same story I got, in fact I was called in the last week of July to say my Black one was going to be in the following week as they were shipping the Black ones first. Heyho! a blue one arrives and mine is now back to September again (maybe :) )

3 hours ago, Tenerecosse said:

Same story I got, in fact I was called in the last week of July to say my Black one was going to be in the following week as they were shipping the Black ones first. Heyho! a blue one arrives and mine is now back to September again (maybe 🙂 )

I really hope that my red/white T700 arrives tomorrow. I ordered it the 27. of march  and got an email  that same day that I would receive it in july........now it is due to arrive  the 8th august. I am not really happy before I can see the box 😕

• Like 1

Update, bad news.

Yamaha has fucked up the colours in Denmark. My new bike, scheduled to be delivered today,  is delayed till tuesday next week. I must drive my trusted old Honda until tuesday......   😞

• Like 1

It's a bit of a comfort knowing I'm not the only one, but I feel really bad for you guys who are stuck in the same position. They say good things come to those who wait though!

9to5adv.com

8 hours ago, Sonderjude said:

Update, bad news.

Yamaha has fucked up the colours in Denmark. My new bike, scheduled to be delivered today,  is delayed till tuesday next week. I must drive my trusted old Honda until tuesday......   😞

Glad you still have a back up :)

• Like 1

Whau. Good news and a very Good weekend to everybody 

Messaging1565339046577.jpg

• Like 1

Actually, like JamesE says, the bikes are made from colours, the black's first. All the black's are delivered in Norway, the White's are  being delivered now and mine blue (one of the first orders) is hopefully delivered next week.

Shame on Yamaha, a small hint of delivery schedule wouldn't hurt.