Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Heed bunker or Basic

jdk2man

Think basic is good enough? With the angle of the upper crash bars and a soft luggage rack, would the lower bars ever get hit?

Not on Tarmac,  but trails and uneven surfaces, is it worth the chance? if you're concerned about weight there is only 3.5 kg in the difference.  

I went with the basic HEED crash bars.  I think that, yes, they will provide protection in most situations.  Maybe add composite engine covers if you are worried about that part of the engine.

But then the OEM engine case covers don't seem to be that expensive.  Left side is just $74 on RMATVMC for example.  So a set is probably cheaper than composite covers.  I'd just carry some JB Weld for roadside/trailside repair.  And then replace the engine case cover later.  That is what I did with my dirt bikes.  Or I just lived with the JB Weld repair indefinitely.

• Like 1

I went with the basic, mainly because I'd already purchased the ADS skidplate and it looked like there would be a conflict. I've not had mine on it's side yet, but i did lay it down in the garage and with the skid plate and bars it was well protected. Those Heed bars are like a solid 2"+ off the face of the plastics.

I went with the basic HEED crash bars too due to  lower weight and I have R&G engine covers mounted on my T7. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi all, where is the best place to by Heed products in the US? Would like to pay the product value in shipping 😄 

15 hours ago, AlexB said:

Hi all, where is the best place to by Heed products in the US? Would like to pay the product value in shipping 😄 

Don't believe they have a US supplier. I bought from their European website and shipping to the US was reasonable (around $60) for ~$300 set of bunker bars.  It's a fairly large and heavy package.

• 2 weeks later...

Heed basic for me and they saved my  right side faring and radiator on the Nevada BDR last year!

image.jpeg.461c5d27de94c4c22493c8421796b0db.jpeg