Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Question for our friends in Europe

JohnfromDP

Hello from California,

I need a little help. I recently ordered some billet  frame plugs off of Ebay. These cover the holes that are right above the foot peg mounts.  When I tried to fit the plug on the right hand side it didn't seat because the frame bolt extends out a bit to far. I am curious if the bolt sticks out on the 2019 or 2020 bikes as the part numbers for the 2021 bikes are different..  I cant see a reason why they would use a different bolt but I thought I would check........thanks

IMG_6549.jpeg

10 minutes ago, JohnfromDP said:

Hello from California,

I need a little help. I recently ordered some billet  frame plugs off of Ebay. These cover the holes that are right above the foot peg mounts.  When I tried to fit the plug on the right hand side it didn't seat because the frame bolt extends out a bit to far. I am curious if the bolt sticks out on the 2019 or 2020 bikes as the part numbers for the 2021 bikes are different..  I cant see a reason why they would use a different bolt but I thought I would check........thanks

IMG_6549.jpeg

Yes, the bolt sticks out a little bit on the model 2019.

Personally, I bought very cheap plastic caps for fence poles and I used them to cover the holes in the frame.

WP_20191218_13_25_24_Pro.thumb.jpg.47ef257e55ddf159e3ba507207dd0064.jpgWP_20191218_13_32_11_Pro.thumb.jpg.c43b6431759fa4b1e344710644827ced.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnfromDP said:

Thanks for replying back to my question. The cap you found looks like a good match. Do you have a link for where you got it? 

Unfortunately, it was a year ago and I don't have a link. 

There is no 2021 model ... actually in some countries Yamaha sells it as 2021 but it is the same as the 2020 in Europe. The 2021 will probably be Euro5 restricted.

Edited by didier

I got these from T7 Rally.

Perfect fit. USA bike. 

rs=w:600,h:600

Here we have a pair of frame plugs to cover up the swing arm mounting points that get full of mud and grime etc. When you remove the spindle to re-grease etc then pop the plug in and sorted. No more mud packed in there and it looks better as well.Just so its clear this is for a PAIR of plugs, enough for one bike.

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, ahamay said:

I got these from T7 Rally.

Perfect fit. USA bike. 

rs=w:600,h:600

Here we have a pair of frame plugs to cover up the swing arm mounting points that get full of mud and grime etc. When you remove the spindle to re-grease etc then pop the plug in and sorted. No more mud packed in there and it looks better as well.Just so its clear this is for a PAIR of plugs, enough for one bike.

@JohnfromDP I got the same plugs from T7Rally and they fit great.  Shipping on a single item like that to the US is prohibitive,  but combined with a few other items it worked out fine for me. You probably don't know it yet, but I'm sure you'll find stuff on their website you can't live without,  such as a windscreen adjuster,  sidestand delete switch,  etc....  😉

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS