Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Remap booked in and will report back

Rich TT

Hello all,

I'm booked in for an ECU reflash on the rolling road at Dave Wood Racing here in the UK on Friday. I'll report back with Dyno print, air:fuel etc.

Dave (junior) remapped my ex Tuono V4R around 5 years ago and took it from 154 to 169BHP. He spent hours on it refining and refining. It was awesome afterwards.

The mods I've got loaded on ready to go are:

Arrow Titanium decat headers, MTC Carbon can (no baffle, but will do a run with baffle in to see), MWR airbox lid (full snorkel and lid delete) and a large surface area foam filter from offtheroad.de as I take it off roading and need a sponge filter with Putoline air filter oil.

I'll report back in due course.

Like a kid at Christmas 🤣🎄. Should know better at my age.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 3

I am actually interested in the results you will get and how much more power under the curve the bike will develop and the most important thing if it will get rid of the flat spot at 9k.

Keep us posted.

Aleks 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I am actually interested in the results you will get and how much more power under the curve the bike will develop and the most important thing if it will get rid of the flat spot at 9k.

Keep us posted.

Aleks 

I certainly will. Based on what @2 Wheel DynoWorksDynoWorks have posted in detail, I think it will be awesome.

Cheers Rich

Rich, are you getting the fuel cut deleted?

I was thinking of getting my ecu sent off for a remap mainly to get this done. Not so fussed about absolute power but hate the off on throttle response.

• Like 2

Just back from Dave Wood Racing after having my ECU remapped. As a reminder I'd just fitted MWR filter lid delete, High flow off road sponge air filter, Titanium Arrow headers and MTC can (no baffle). 1st run is as it was. Running lean all the way due to the open airbox etc and completely expected. Dave junior worked his magic, removed the fuel cut on fuel deceleration and lowered the fan cut in by 5C. He's was on it for a good 2 to 3h refining and refining.

The results speak for themselves. I took it for a quick spin and it's so much better. Spins up faster and most importantly the top end just pulls and pulls. Air:fuel is now exactly right. It feels like a completely different motorbike.

Dave and his son are really passionate and great lads. Highly recommended.

Cheers

Rich

IMG_20201211_155749.jpg

IMG_20201211_155757.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich TT said:

Just back from Dave Wood Racing after having my ECU remapped. As a reminder I'd just fitted MWR filter lid delete, High flow off road sponge air filter, Titanium Arrow headers and MTC can (no baffle). 1st run is as it was. Running lean all the way due to the open airbox etc and completely expected. Dave junior worked his magic, removed the fuel cut on fuel deceleration and lowered the fan cut in by 5C. He's was on it for a good 2 to 3h refining and refining.

The results speak for themselves. I took it for a quick spin and it's so much better. Spins up faster and most importantly the top end just pulls and pulls. Air:fuel is now exactly right. It feels like a completely different motorbike.

Cheers

Rich

IMG_20201211_155749.jpg

IMG_20201211_155757.jpg

Sounds great and hope after a longer test ride you will report more... Please Re post another second picture with blurr mode set to off on the camera 📸 🤣

Wheelies in second gear are a must now... 👍 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Sounds great and hope after a longer test ride you will report more... Please Re post another second picture with blurr mode set to off on the camera 📸🤣

Wheelies in second gear are a must now... 👍 

Yeah. I did think that. In my excitement my hands were shaking when I took the photo🤣.

Full report to follow

IMG_20201211_171854.jpg

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 2

On 12/9/2020 at 8:31 PM, Alan M said:

Rich, are you getting the fuel cut deleted?

I was thinking of getting my ecu sent off for a remap mainly to get this done. Not so fussed about absolute power but hate the off on throttle response.

Yes, been done. A lot better and when you're ready to crack the throttle back in, it's instant as there's no fuel cut.

Cheers

• Like 3

Sounds good, 5hp gain is a good lift and overall looking at the curves a good chunk  of it is available across most of the rev range.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alan M said:

Sounds good, 5hp gain is a good lift and overall looking at the curves a good chunk  of it is available across most of the rev range.

Thanks. It feels great. As though it has a lighter crankshaft. Just wants to rev (if you twist the throttle). I have spent some money on this bike, but I really think it's a fantastic bike. It's now even better.

Rich TT, how much does it cost to have a map done (more so for the cleaning up of the fuelling, rather than for a performance gain)?

2 minutes ago, FredBasset said:

Rich TT, how much does it cost to have a map done (more so for the cleaning up of the fuelling, rather than for a performance gain)?

Ring or email Dave mate. Pretty sure it's a fixed price for everyone but don't want to give his prices away. I think it's excellent value as it's tuned to your actual bike with plenty of bike TLC and very much on par with a Power Commander or Vision 3 price wise.

Rich

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/11/2020 at 3:59 PM, Rich TT said:

Cheers

Rich

IMG_20201211_155749.jpg

IMG_20201211_155757.jpg

Sorry to be digging this old thread back up but wondered if you noticed a change in on/off snatchiness after getting this done. That’s one of my gripes with the new euro5 engine

Edited by Jason

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sorry to be digging this old thread back up but wondered if you noticed a change in on/off snatchiness after getting this done. That’s one of my gripes with the new euro5 engine

The biggest cause of this in my opinion is the ridiculous amount of throttle free play from the factory. Once I set this to near zero (the nuts/cables above the fuel injection body), this transformed it, so I never really had a problem with a snatchy throttle. However, since the remap, it's even smoother/nicer and also instant when you want that "snap" when you twist the throttle. The remap was also brilliant across all the rev range and especially the top. Rich

7 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

The biggest cause of this in my opinion is the ridiculous amount of throttle free play from the factory. Once I set this to near zero (the nuts/cables above the fuel injection body), this transformed it, so I never really had a problem with a snatchy throttle. However, since the remap, it's even smoother/nicer and also instant when you want that "snap" when you twist the throttle. The remap was also brilliant across all the rev range and especially the top. Rich

Just what I wanted to hear. I’ve played around with the free play alright and it was never an issue on my old T7 but the new one with euro5 emissions is very on/off and I think a remap is the only solution. Thanks Rich

Edited by Jason

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Just what I wanted to hear. I’ve played around with the free play alright and it was never an issue on my old T7 but the new one with euro5 emissions is very on/off and I think a remap is the only solution. Thanks Rich

No worries. I went the whole hog. Arrow decat headers and MTC exhaust can, MWR foam filter and filter lid (open) plus the remap. It's a different bike😍

1 hour ago, Rich TT said:

No worries. I went the whole hog. Arrow decat headers and MTC exhaust can, MWR foam filter and filter lid (open) plus the remap. It's a different bike😍

Savage, I reckon I’ll go that route too. The Mivv high exhaust is calling so might couple it with a decat and the foam filter was already on the agenda. Can’t wait to get it done now

• Like 1