Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Stoltec Moto - the Formal Introduction

Stoltec Moto

• Supporting Vendor

So, who's Stoltec Moto, what do we do, and why are we here?  I'll work backwards, because, why not? 

Why are we here?

The T7 has been high on our watch list from the beginning.  In fact, we sold our original Yamaha MT-10 project back a few years ago back when Yamaha started their wicked tease.  We had a good line from an insider that the release was imminent and we chomped at the bit.  At this point, we all know what happened.  Nothing.  So, we were out a really sweet project bike and left with nothing  new in the wings.  But that changed (finally) a few weeks ago when we picked up T7 #1527.

What we do.

In short, niche motorcycle tuning.  We aren't a parts warehouse selling components for every Tom, Dick, and Harry's Yamahondasaki model.  We support what we know, which is what we like and own.  That's it.  We improve all aspects of the machines we support with American-made components (with VERY few exceptions of some Euro suppliers).  Many of those components are of our design or where we had a large role in developing with a network of trusted suppliers we've cultivated over the years.  Our primary focus, though, is suspension.  And not out of the box solutions aimed at pure track or race applications - the real-world usage that real-world owners experience...

Who's Stoltec Moto?

Founded in 2011 with an engineering background, we're a small family-run operation located in the hills of Northeastern Pennsylvania.  This is truly a mom and pop shop and a labor of love.  As anyone who's played in the powersports industry will attest, you don't do this for the money.  We commute and tour.  We ride single-track and rip road courses as often as possible.  In short, we ride when we're not working.

Stay tuned for updates in this vendor section and don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Nick

• Like 2

961362084_468x60Stoltec.png.007fa8bc922e0e30cea1cde037ff2aa2.png

stoltecmoto.com | 610.252.7232

The Stoltec Moto Build Thread

I had your springs in the forks of my super Tenere and they helped a lot, welcome to the forum!

Mike

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Welcome to the Vendor program and the Forum! I look forward to you helping me with my suspension soon!

Thanks - can't wait. Just took the shock off yesterday...good things coming soon.

Kick ass forum software, by the way. Heads and shoulders above everything else out there!

1 hour ago, MikeCMP said:

I had your springs in the forks of my super Tenere and they helped a lot, welcome to the forum!

Mike

Thanks, Mike. The S10 was our first big suspension project all those years ago. We still do quite a bit of fork revalving and shock builds. Looking forward to doing the same here.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see you onboard here!

My Super Tenere benefited greatly from your springs and Penske valves.

• Supporting Vendor
On 1/2/2021 at 1:35 PM, worncog said:

Glad to see you onboard here!

My Super Tenere benefited greatly from your springs and Penske valves.

Thanks!

Speak of the devil...working on valving now with those same pistons. I’m optimistic we’ll get something sorted out for this fork. As far as pistons go, Penske makes some of the best out there - oddly, a  well kept secret to most riders.