Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Rally or Guzzi V85TT

Mudchute

I see Visordown are running a rather strange clickbait on Facebook comparing the T7 Rally Edition with the Guzzi V85TT. Head on over for some "interesting" comments 🙂

altho the CC are similar (???), they are so different in term of the design of a motorcycle...

My OWN OPINION:

V85TT is more of an all rounder tour with some off roader (nothing crazy) style of riding...think Landrover Discovery...

T7 is more of a big dirt bike where you can ALMOST go where a dirt leads you with some decent on-road ability...think as a Jeep Wrangler

Both are SUV/Large Vehicles, but one just do something better than the other...

• Like 1

I would put V85TT in the same category with Tiger 800 XR. More road oriented adventure bike. One reason I would not buy it are horrible vibrations and the bike leaning on the side when accelerating. And when i tested it the dealer assured me it was the less vibrating of Guzzis 😄

14 minutes ago, didier said:

I would put V85TT in the same category with Tiger 800 XR. More road oriented adventure bike. One reason I would not buy it are horrible vibrations and the bike leaning on the side when accelerating. And when i tested it the dealer assured me it was the less vibrating of Guzzis 😄

huh, only sat on when it was idling of the V85TT so the side rocking definite noticeable there

However with the V7 I owned and my friend's LeMan which I took around for a day or so, the vibration went away as soon as you roll off the lot...

They did say V85TT was more of a "higher revving" bike compare to the other Guzzi...so maybe that's why?

Edited by TimmyTheHog

4 minutes ago, TimmyTheHog said:

huh, only sat on when it was idling of the V85TT so the side rocking definite noticeable there

However with the V7 I owned and my friend's LeMan which I took around for a day or so, the vibration went away as soon as you roll off the lot...

They did say V85TT was more of a "higher revving" bike compare to the other Guzzi...so maybe that's why?

Yes probably ... but I remember after 30 minutes of test drive I had this filling in my hands like a few hours with my tiger ^^

V85TT is definitely more road oriented than the T7, not that there is anything wrong with that. Horses for course's. Shaft drive Moto Guzzi's are definitely an acquired taste, but I would definitely love one! I would have to sell a bike  to make room though. Along the lines of a V strom 650 or a F700  fantastic for  mainly road mile munching with a some off road ability. With a lot of torque on tap. A beautiful looking machine! Sadly my  bank  balance doesn't permit. 

image.thumb.png.4f94cf2744d522a9e57539df5711138e.png

• Like 2

I test road the Guzzi. Never been so disappointed in my life with a test ride. Power delivery was boring, way too much bling, and hugely disinfranchised feeling riding it. 

Now the T7, I fell in love with it in the first mile.🤪

B39D4462-BECF-4BF5-B130-5953338AA520.jpeg

• Like 1

My buddy let me ride his v85tt on some forest roads a couple months ago.  It had an aftermarket exhaust and sounded great, but I couldn't get used to the throttle by wire power delivery. It is less responsive than the T7 and not as fun to ride off-road.  The engine doesn't rev as high, but it is still not bad for a middleweight.  Both bikes did fine cruising at 80mph.  The guzzi is probably a better road bike and has more electronic gadgets, but I prefer the T7 hands down. 

• Like 1

I think the Visordown "article" was nothing more than clickbait, but it's interesting how many "discussions" there are around the suitability of different bikes for various terrains. I had my first taste of the TET in Spain this year in a Rally Raid cb500x (snuck in between lockdowns) with a very off-road experienced  friend on his AT. The trail Est of Haro was fairly technical in places and he made that thing dance  like a 250. From that experience I've concluded that with the right pilot and some serious commitment, big and heavy ADV's can do some amazing things. I'd rather be on the T7 though and test one on Saturday. I've owned many bikes in 45 years of continuous riding but I'll be surprised if I don't buy the T7 as there's nothing else out there that hits the right spot, except for my RRP 500x which if it just had a bit more suspension and 25 more hp would be....a T7! :-) 

just want to add...

I DO MISS the large tank of the Guzzi tho...

but totally agree...HATE TO SAY IT, but if you want performance, Guzzi aint it...altho early days of Guzzi racing was actually really good...too bad all the bankruptcy and Piaggio let it slide too much.

• Like 1