Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

I feel like I belong!

Pohnjiper

Hello from Dorset in the UK. Took delivery of “Terence” my T7 a couple of weeks ago and love it. Looking forward to getting it off road very soon. 

2D3CD081-B8BA-4319-8E0F-2A458EDDE928.jpeg

• Like 7

Look beyond the scratches and the dents. The bike, any bike is a reflection of what you are willing to do to it and with it. When I see a perfect example of any bike in its best condition I sigh.

That bike, that person didn't get its purpose. 

The bike...any bike is supposed to show the scars of a life well spent. 

Not to say throw caution to the wind, but ride the danned thing and be proud of the the tattoos you both get on Your journey. 

The parts and pieces of that bike will last long beyond your existence. 

Learn the nuances of the bike, accept it's short comings and your own. 

You can do a myriad of things to better the bike but let me tell you one thing that few will actually tell you or admit themselves. You,  me, and almost everyone else cannot ride this bike to it's full potential. Those who can  actually go beyond what is delivered in this bike is rare...truly rare.

People like to shop for Shet that makes up for their own inadequacies but Most  will never be even close to what straight out of the box this bike delivers. 

This is a rare beast and pound for pound you and anyone else who has this machine should shudder at its true potential. 

When you say, This was not enough, I want to see you really....really show me your goods. 

This is a really f*cking great bike. 

Edited by Christoph
I wish to have this removed from this gentleman's post as it was not meant to be in any way directed at him personally. I have sent him a PM to apologize and to welcome him to the forum.

3 hours ago, Christoph said:

Look beyond the scratches and the dents. The bike, any bike is a reflection of what you are willing to do to it and with it. When I see a perfect example of any bike in its best condition I sigh.

That bike, that person didn't get its purpose. 

The bike...any bike is supposed to show the scars of a life well spent. 

Not to say throw caution to the wind, but ride the danned thing and be proud of the the tattoos you both get on Your journey. 

The parts and pieces of that bike will last long beyond your existence. 

Learn the nuances of the bike, accept it's short comings and your own. 

You can do a myriad of things to better the bike but let me tell you one thing that few will actually tell you or admit themselves. You,  me, and almost everyone else cannot ride this bike to it's full potential. Those who can  actually go beyond what is delivered in this bike is rare...truly rare.

People like to shop for Shet that makes up for their own inadequacies but Most  will never be even close to what straight out of the box this bike delivers. 

This is a rare beast and pound for pound you and anyone else who has this machine should shudder at its true potential. 

When you say, This was not enough, I want to see you really....really show me your goods. 

This is a really f*cking great bike. 

I’m not quite sure what you’re saying Christoph. 
I’ve posted a pic of my 2 week old bike and you seem to have preached to me that I think the bike isn’t good enough and I’m scared to use it!

Thanks for the welcoming advice though. I’ll remember it when I’m picking it up out the dirt on my next rally!

• Like 6

Welcome from Portishead! Whats hes saying is its a brilliant bike with tiny shortcomings and you will grow to love it as does everything 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, do like the black/grey colour scheme. Dorset is a great county, some fantastic roads and views, did you get yours from Crescent?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alf Meister said:

Welcome to the forum, do like the black/grey colour scheme. Dorset is a great county, some fantastic roads and views, did you get yours from Crescent?

Hi. I love the colour scheme. 
unfortunately I was unable to secure one at crescents. I would have loved to of bought from them as I believe in supporting local business. 
The dealer I did buy from were excellent though. 

I only 

4 hours ago, Pohnjiper said:

Hi. I love the colour scheme. 
unfortunately I was unable to secure one at crescents. I would have loved to of bought from them as I believe in supporting local business. 
The dealer I did buy from were excellent though. 

i only asked as crescent gave me a great deal and are very good to deal with. They also had every colour in stock. Never had a Yamaha before but had dealt with (Paul) in the eighties when he was working in his fathers shop in Winton. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Alf Meister said:

I only 

i only asked as crescent gave me a great deal and are very good to deal with. They also had every colour in stock. Never had a Yamaha before but had dealt with (Paul) in the eighties when he was working in his fathers shop in Winton. 

I emailed them a number of times but never got a reply back. It’s a shame as I’ve heard good things about them. 
I’ll be giving them the business for servicing, etc. 

46 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Welcome to the Tenere family @Pohnjiper! If you ever head down to Devon, let me know and we'll show you some good trails!

Thanks @JamesE

hopefully next year I’ll get down to Devon and I’ll give you a shout. 
where in Devon are you?

Welcome to the forum!  Great bike...you won't be disappointed!. Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

Edited 6 hours ago by Christoph
I wish to have this removed from this gentleman's post as it was not meant to be in any way directed at him personally. I have sent him a PM to apologize and to welcome him to the forum.

13 hours ago, Pohnjiper said:

I’m not quite sure what you’re saying Christoph. 
I’ve posted a pic of my 2 week old bike and you seem to have preached to me that I think the bike isn’t good enough and I’m scared to use it!

Thanks for the welcoming advice though. I’ll remember it when I’m picking it up out the dirt on my next rally!

I'd like to point out that this interchange is a great example of why I'm staying engaged with this forum. I really appreciate that these two folks engaged with a potential misunderstanding with civility and a desire to maintain rapport. 

Welcome to this online community and congratulations on the T7, Pohnjiper! I'm relatively new here myself, but I'm really impressed with the quality of this forum. 

Dave (Desert Mariner)

Edited by Desert Mariner

3 minutes ago, Desert Mariner said:

Edited 6 hours ago by Christoph

I'd like to point out that this interchange is a great example of why I'm staying engaged with this forum. I really appreciate that these two folks engaged with a potential misunderstanding with civility and a desire to maintain rapport. 

Welcome to this online community and congratulations on the T7, Pohnjiper! I'm relatively knew here myself, but I'm really impressed with the quality of this forum. 

Dave (Desert Mariner)

Thanks @Desert Mariner  

I appreciated the pm @Christoph sent. I didn’t take his post personally. We are all enthusiasts and part of the T7 family and I really don’t think his post was intended to offend. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pohnjiper said:

Thanks @JamesE

hopefully next year I’ll get down to Devon and I’ll give you a shout. 
where in Devon are you?

I'm in Newton Abbot, we usually ride around between there and Exeter!

instagram.com/9to5adv