Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Kickstand Spring

cstatman

Question

has anyone found a stronger, better alternative to the stock kickstand spring?

and can you post links or part numbers?

thanks
C

• Like 1

17 answers to this question

OK, found a spring at Ace Hardware that fits correctly and is stronger.  Kickstand with the weight of the additional steel base plate stays up much better now.  Fits well with the SW Motech center stand as well.

Spring # is:

20201223_105200.thumb.jpg.a0bc71f9be3a7cf7c68a0466bba91969.jpg

Update:  The Camel-ADV spring is the way to go.

20201223_122548.jpg

Edited by Too Tall
clarity
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Heavy-Duty Side Stand Spring from Camel ADV- The Side Stand was already a bit floppy and with the addition of a Givi Side Stand Foot it got floppier and also contacts the Yamaha Center Stand. The HD Spring is the hot ticket for keeping the side stand up where it belongs. I don't think this is a Camel ADV designed or manufactured product, but the fact that they provide it and it solves a problem totally works for me. 1468918276_HDSideStandSpring.thumb.jpg.273555887cd9c5da4a8da654a7707ce0.jpg

• Like 1

Ditto to BoonDocker. I just put my Camel spring on last night. Perfect!!! Yamaha could learn a thing or two from that lad.... How dorky of Yamaha to have a double wimpy spring... kickstand springs have only been around for maybe 100 years!

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Interested in this as well.  Installed a larger steel base pad and the spring definitely feels weak now.

Update:  The Camel-ADV spring is the way to go.

Edited by Too Tall
  • Like 1

Thank you TooTall for an awesome photo and part #.  getting one on way home from work!  🙂

We, at Rally Raid Products, are having a stiffer spring, 50% stronger than OEM, made from single coil, rather than twin coil. These will be available, along with shorter side stands (for those with lowered suspension) from end January

Edited by Ktmmitch
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ktmmitch said:

We, at Rally Raid Zproducts, are having a stiffer spring, 50% stronger than OEM, made from single coil, rather than twin coil. These will be available, along with shorter side stands (for those with lowered suspension) from end January

i am SO HAPPY with the design, fit and finish of my Rally Raid pannier racks - I think ya'll can sell me almost anything!  🙂

spring purchased - looks SUPER BURLY

have not had time to install - but compared to stock?   I think TooTall WINS this mod for sure... 🙂

I too bought an HH1 spring. It weighs twice as much as stock and sidestand still moves too much retracted. So I just cut the long end of the stocker at the middle of the loop and rebent it.  Now the stand retracts with a bang (not as bad as it sounds) and It almost totally eliminates any retracted movement for free. 

Edited by BADDANDY
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

Ace recommended above works well.  Not a hard kick up. Easy down. Minimal flop on fast dirt roads and whoopties. D14E7604-B176-4CFE-B7FD-6E9E9D84A7DA.thumb.jpeg.1a8263663ee475ea675240eac29af6a4.jpeg

• Like 1

Sorry to drag open this old thread. But i'm looking for a solution for this, but from a European supplier. Rally Raid is in the UK and Camel ADV is US, so i'd be paying too much on shipping and taxes. If anyone knows of a better spring to order from inside Europe, that'd be awesome!

• Supporting Vendor
19 hours ago, Trikke said:

Sorry to drag open this old thread. But i'm looking for a solution for this, but from a European supplier. Rally Raid is in the UK and Camel ADV is US, so i'd be paying too much on shipping and taxes. If anyone knows of a better spring to order from inside Europe, that'd be awesome!

Our spring is available through dealers as well. Rugged Roads in the UK has stock last I checked.

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

@Camel ADVThanks man, i checked all your european dealers already, they do carry most of the items, but the spring is not one of them unfortunately.

@Ktmmitch they are UK based, so thanks to Brexit i'd be paying high taxes for import.