Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

UK Biker looking for ADV

stevebT7

Hi all,

I'm Steve from Bedfordshire UK.

Currently own a 2010 Fireblade in HRC colours (bought on a whim).

I have owned many bikes including some ADV based bikes eg KTM 1090 Adventure, CRF250L (more dualsports), CB500X.

I admit that I have a soft spot for Honda's and love the new Africa Twin 1100 standard.

However, while I can easily flat foot it (I'm a snip under 5'9" with a 31" in-seem) the appeal of a less complex and lighter bike is greater than the heavier AT with the overly complicated display system.

So after also dismissing the 2019 CB500X and forthcoming CRF300 Rally as too underpowered and not wanting another KTM or Triumph, I came to the conclusion, the T7 would be my best option as it strikes a good balance of everything I want in just 1 x bike.

I don't plan to do very much off-road riding and while I considered various touring model bikes, I wanted softer suspension as many of my local roads/lanes are so badly rutted, broken, overgrown and have lots of debris, it just made sense to have a bike that can cope with this as well as the smoother road rides. 

My nearest Yamaha dealer is about 8 miles away which also helps and they are a well regarded dealer which also makes a big difference to me.

With Covid-19 restrictions in place, I am now waiting to get on a demo bike for a ride.

I've done lots of research and watched Youtube videos too so just a real world test to undertake.