Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

The other bikes my Tenere will join..

MagnusR

Awesome garage & your white Fantic trials bike is talking to me .

• Like 1

21 T700 - 08 ktm 300xcw - 06 ktm 400exc - 06 xt225 - 04 & 06 heritage Softail classics - 85 it200 - 75 dt 100 & 250 - 76 dt 250 - 79 CT 90 - 71 CT 70

Nice garage with lots of cool bikes!  I’m trying to make out what model the Aprilia is... 

One thing Ive been learning lately is when you have several bikes in different genre’s, you have to have different gear for each of them. Ugh, the gear alone gets expensive.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DT675 said:

Nice garage with lots of cool bikes!  I’m trying to make out what model the Aprilia is... 

One thing Ive been learning lately is when you have several bikes in different genre’s, you have to have different gear for each of them. Ugh, the gear alone gets expensive.. 

It's a Caponord 1200 by the looks of it. I've thought about one of them. Loads of go!!

Fantastic set up in there.

Hats off to you sir. I was happy having a twosome and you sir get to enjoy an orgy! 

Good luck keeping them all happy 😊 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rich TT said:

It's a Caponord 1200 by the looks of it. I've thought about one of them. Loads of go!!

Fantastic set up in there.

Sport tourer?  I’ll have to look that up. I’ve always wanted an Aprilia. Just not sure which one.  The shiver has Peaked my interest. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies gentlemen.

The Aprilia is indeed a Caponord 1200 Travel Pack that I bought new in 2014, it's a dream of a bike! Massively under-rated but, for me, better than the Multistrada of the time by some margin - I cancelled a Multistrada order after riding the Capo.

Trials bikes-wise I had up until two weeks ago .. 1986 Fantic 201, 1986 Fantic 241, 1986 Fantic 301, 1982 Fantic 200 (x 2), 1990 Beta TR35, 1979 SWM 320 - I have now only got the Fantic 201 and the Beta TR35. 

Road bikes.. The Capo 1200, a 1991 Moto Guzzi 750 Targa, a 2018 Moto Guzzi V7iii Anniversario and a Fantic Super Rocket 50 monkey bike I'm in the process of restoring.

I've owned quite a lot of Harleys, four KTM's, a few Hondas, a Montesa and three Yamahas in the past as well as other Moto Guzzis. I've slimmed the herd down to make way for the Tenere 700 and to give me a bit more room to move in there.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2020 at 3:22 PM, Chopper said:

Awesome garage & your white Fantic trials bike is talking to me .

Aye, it's saying "Hands off!" 😉

On 12/27/2020 at 5:11 AM, DT675 said:

Sport tourer?  I’ll have to look that up. I’ve always wanted an Aprilia. Just not sure which one.  The shiver has Peaked my interest. 

Have a watch of this review of the Caponord - 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 4:33 PM, Matth said:

Cool collection buddy. Love the fantics, how many of them? 4 ?

There was 5, now only one. Had a bit of a sale before Christmas. Trials is shut down so they weren't getting used and I needed both the money and the space.

The Caponord looks like a great bike. Aprilia makes good stuff. I’m super stoked about the new RS660 coming out even know i wont get one.. 

On 1/6/2021 at 5:29 PM, DT675 said:

The Caponord looks like a great bike. Aprilia makes good stuff. I’m super stoked about the new RS660 coming out even know i wont get one.. 

Aprilia (Piaggio) didn't trumpet the Caponord 1200 enough, it has fully dynamic suspension (ADD) controlled by a separate ECU which is still way ahead of Ducati's "Skyhook" system. However, rather than make a noise about it, invest in better marketing etc. they whispered its arrival, had low sales and let it slip from the line up once Euro 4 came in. It is without a shadow of a doubt the single best motorcycle I've ever ridden. I can do (an indicated) 148mph, scratch the pegs and ride it like I stole it or attach the panniers and top box and tour in total comfort two up. Not had a single issue with the electrics save for the fuel gauge sensor which was replaced under warranty, mechanically it has been absolutely fault free.  

Edited by MagnusR
  • Like 1

It looks like a great bike.  Before i bough my T7 i was debating about either going “sport tourer” route or “adv” route. Adv won the day but i spent a great deal of time researching sport tourers. This Caponord never came up...