Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rekeyable lock kit. Key your Yamaha top case match your ign.

SociallyStunted

Used to key your 39L or 50L top case to work with your ignition key.  It's new, only opened long enough for me to figure out it wouldn't work for my old Givi lock.  I did make, and erase, notes as to my lock's tumbler numbers.  But everything else in the kit is untouched.  Also works for other Yamahas.  Look up Yamaha part number 2PP-F81C0-V0-00.  Asking $30 Paypal shipped within the US.  Located in La Verne, CA.

20201221_183134.jpg

Just kind of a side note but you can actually get this lock to work with your givi case. Fun fact! I uh, have been meaning to do a write-up of how to DIY it, but essentially you use maybe 6 out of the 9 tumbles for the lock? And it fits your key! And fits into the old givi tumbler too.

Edited by loneranger700

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 7:16 AM, loneranger700 said:

Just kind of a sign note but you can actually get this lock to work with your givi case. Fun fact! I uh, have been meaning to do a write-up of how to DIY it, but essentially you use maybe 6 out of the 9 tumbles for the lock? And it fits your key! And fits into the old givi tumbler too.

How would you do that? Would you use Givi cylinder or Yamaha one for the base? I assume using Yamaha’s would require some cnc’ing afterwards 

27 minutes ago, BanneD said:

How would you do that? Would you use Givi cylinder or Yamaha one for the base? I assume using Yamaha’s would require some cnc’ing afterwards 

Use the givi cylinder and take the tumbles from the Yamaha set and match them to your keys. No machining required, the tumbles fit right into givi’s cylinder. Granted, the givi cylinder takes something like 6 tumbles instead of Yamaha’s 8 but it still works.

Edited by loneranger700

52 minutes ago, loneranger700 said:

Use the givi cylinder and take the tumbles from the Yamaha set and match them to your keys. No machining required, the tumbles fit right into givi’s cylinder. Granted, the givi cylinder takes something like 6 tumbles instead of Yamaha’s 8 but it still works.

How did you handle the Givi’s protective rectangle (harder metal) tumbler that goes in first to ensure something like a screw driver would not go in? Got rid of it?

I thought about filing it down but I just got rid of it. Ironically, I don’t think Yamaha had this tumbler on their OEM box, because it was no where to be found in the tumbler keyset I bought from Yamaha.