Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

jet washers

s1imster

i don't know what you all use for cleaning but setting up my power washer is a bit of a ball ache getting the hose pipe and power down to my garage .

so i have just bought a works battery powered washer, i only have to take a bucket of water to get started or use my water butt that collets off the garage roof. only low power so won't damage but good enough to get the crud off after a day out riding 

• Like 1

I have a Karcher K1700 Cube.  It's a great little unit.  I replaced the wand with a Mosmatic swivel gun, and everything washer-related fits in the back tray.  I can carry it all with one hand (minus the supply hose).  I'm lucky in that my hose and electric connections are by my back door, right at the "top" of my driveway.  I've washed my truck with a foam cannon and 3.0 nozzles and I've power washed my driveway with the 1.8 nozzles it came with. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, s1imster said:

i don't know what you all use for cleaning but setting up my power washer is a bit of a ball ache getting the hose pipe and power down to my garage .

so i have just bought a works battery powered washer, i only have to take a bucket of water to get started or use my water butt that collets off the garage roof. only low power so won't damage but good enough to get the crud off after a day out riding 

I use one of these worx hydroshots for getting the worst of the crap of my enduro bike before I head home and give it a proper wash, just carry a 20L jerry can for water. Saves making a mess back home.

I've also used it on the T7 for a quick wash with a bucket of hot water, as you say, it saves a lot of hassle and does a good job.

Bought the fast charger and spare battery as the standard charger takes hours to charge.

• Like 3

Hi alan

I’m guessing you have the 20 volt version, I see in the US they have the 40 volt version, I’ve been looking at them just to blast the basic crud off my bike, Some people in my enduro club say a hose has more power, How do you find its performance.

Many thanks.

defiantly has more power than a hose and is more convenient for me mine came with 2 battery that last just over 20

minuets each thats long enough to get the crud off and out of the awkward spots 

Edited by s1imster
spelling
  • Like 2

On 12/25/2020 at 12:10 PM, V-tec said:

Hi alan

I’m guessing you have the 20 volt version, I see in the US they have the 40 volt version, I’ve been looking at them just to blast the basic crud off my bike, Some people in my enduro club say a hose has more power, How do you find its performance.

Many thanks.

Sorry, just seen your post.

The hydroshot has plenty of power for cleaning the worst of the dirt bike. It’s the 20V one I have.

You can adjust the jet pressure with the nozzle angle. Think I run mine at 15 degrees and it works really well.

Not sure where your enduro club members ride but there’s no hose taps where I ride 😁

• Like 1

Cheers for that, no taps at ours either , some events in Wales allow us to draw water from streams,but few and far between,

• Like 1

I've just bought a Worx Hydroshot Brushless motor one with 4Ah battery. Absolutely blown me away how good it is. I primarily bought it for washing mountain bikes down before putting them in the van. I have a 24l container I rachet strapped in the back of the van full of water and away you go. Amazing bit of kit. You can hook it up to a hose pipe too. Not as powerful as a mains jet wash but more than good enough for mountain bikes and the T7 and dirt bikes unless covered in wet clay. It has the quick 40min charger too. Well worth the money.

Rich

IMG_20201230_160428.jpg

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 1

Nice one,

yep I have mountain bikes as well, I never hit them with my pressure wasser,but the works HS sounds perfect,

where in the UK are there any deals,🙂

On 12/30/2020 at 6:18 PM, V-tec said:

Nice one,

yep I have mountain bikes as well, I never hit them with my pressure wasser,but the works HS sounds perfect,

where in the UK are there any deals,🙂

screwfix  £12o

• Like 1