Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rugged Road Aux light bracket issues

Per Christensen

Question

Anybody here using the set up?

I wanted something that moved the light beams when turning the wheel. But once mounted, and assuming the front fender will move about 19 cm up when the forks are fully compressed, the is no room for light higher than 2-3 cm.

I would love to hear comments.

Auxiliary Light Mount - Tenere 700

Edited by Per Christensen

2 answers to this question

I am looking at this mount myself.

Looks to me if the fender came up it would go mostly between the lights. But the other thing I would ask, is can you mount the lights on top of the bracket?

Would have to look - the cyclops lights are on a similar bracket and seem to work, i wonder if their bracket sticks out further or something?

Mike

On 1/5/2021 at 2:28 PM, MikeCMP said:

I am looking at this mount myself.

Looks to me if the fender came up it would go mostly between the lights. But the other thing I would ask, is can you mount the lights on top of the bracket?

Would have to look - the cyclops lights are on a similar bracket and seem to work, i wonder if their bracket sticks out further or something?

Mike

Hi Mike

Sorry for late reply. See my email to RR which I think illustrates my concern. No there is not room for the lights on top of the bracket. I got a none reply from RR really, but either I'm a total idiot or there is only room for 2-3 cm high Aux lights when the front fork is full compressed = a huge risk of serious injury to pilot and bike. I now mounting the SW motech bracket....      

image.thumb.png.eb28bcb822362900059961eae49878c9.pngimage.png.88d6d733563cb4a89be95a4cf037d1b1.png

Edited by Per Christensen
  • Like 1