Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

2nd Generation T700....

Ride & Shine

Sorry all...didn't mean to click bait you! Does anyone have any idea when or if Yamaha might be considering a Gen2 of our trusty steed. Depending on where you draw the line in terms of inception or birth of Gen1, 6 years for pre release to present day or 2 years for actual release , even allowing for C19 major speed bump we must be approaching some commercial or development sweet spot for a new release...or am I guilty of delusional wishful thinking!?

Edited by Ride & Shine

Was pondering the same thing earlier today, I wonder what farkles will come standard on the the new T7..... ??

I think the only thing that is for sure is the Euro5 and the catalytic converter like on 2020 Tracer 700 and 2021 MT-07.

Some articles from august show pics: 

S1-la-yamaha-tenere-700-adventure-se-pre

Apparue sur le marché il y a peu, la Yamaha Ténéré 700 a déjà trouvé son public. Face à une concurrence somme toute légère sur ce segment, la Yamaha a immédiatement séduit les amateurs du genre. Pour compléter l’offre, une Ténéré 700 Adventure devrait bientôt arriver.

I think the skid plate is the only thing that will change. And maybe color schemes.

Unfortunatly no official news for instance. Some italian media were saying there is a delay due to the high (for Euro5 I suppose) noise of the exhaust.

I ordered mine in december and the dealer announced it for february. But with Covid and probably a third lockout in january, here in france, March is more realistic.

Unfortunately I am in a similar situation. In Greece there is no T7 Euro 4 stock and I have to wait for Euro 5 model. I made the order in December and dealership is being very vague about delivery time, as they do not know officially. They told me January - February. Hoping for the best. 

My guess is the motor stays the same except for emission compliance updates and Yamaha offers different models for the T7. 
 Like BMW does, standard, rally, adventure, etc.

I personally think the photo you have used is not the 2021 T700, but is in fact the second model in the T700 line up. I think the T700 will get the euro 5 update and maybe different colours. The bike in the photo’s is a new Tenere, it appears to have much larger fairing side panels that reach down to the new bash plate (euro 5) and from the front view it looks much wider than the current bike, so maybe the extra fuel capacity could be in the sides. It’s gold the bronze forks too, so maybe a performance upgrade (pre-load adjusters). 

F95DC31E-7BB7-424C-951B-50D7146128A9.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Today the official Yamaha dealer in Greece announced new price list for Tenere 700. 

XTZ700 Tenere old                                        10.490 
XTZ700 Tenere new   10.890 
XTZ700 Tenere Rally Edition Old   12.190 
XTZ700 Tenere Rally Edition New   12.290 

I had a quick call with them, it is just an increase with possibly no changes to the model, apart from the Euro 5 engine. I am quite angry to be honest we are just paying more, just because it sells more. To me it closes a lot the gap with the 790R, which is now on offer since it is been replaced by 890R.

• 5 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing. I’m in the market to buy a T7. My only regret would be if they released a model with the SSS forks on it soon. 

• Like 1

On 07/01/2021 at 1:37 PM, Stefos said:

Today the official Yamaha dealer in Greece announced new price list for Tenere 700. 

XTZ700 Tenere old                                        10.490 
XTZ700 Tenere new   10.890 
XTZ700 Tenere Rally Edition Old   12.190 
XTZ700 Tenere Rally Edition New   12.290 

I had a quick call with them, it is just an increase with possibly no changes to the model, apart from the Euro 5 engine. I am quite angry to be honest we are just paying more, just because it sells more. To me it closes a lot the gap with the 790R, which is now on offer since it is been replaced by 890R.

You will be mad when that ktm leaves your stranded... And you are looking at a leaking display and all sorts... 🤣

Aleks 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

The only thing I wish on the 2nd generation Yamaha Tenere 700 is cruise control and colour TFT.