Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

LED Blinkers


Dakota
 Share

Recommended Posts

I just got done doing the front LED's on my Tenere (rear will need to wait for the Camel Tail Tidy).

 

I could not be happier with how they turned out. I cut the stock blinkers and spliced in the plug onto the new LED's so that I can just plug them into the stock harness, which i'm sure most, if not all of you, will do. 

 

Some tips I learned below. (USA bike, not sure if the rest of the world is different).

 

Left Stock Blinker wire colors

  • Blue wire - Running lights
  • Black wire - Ground
  • Brown wire - Blinker

Right Stock Blinker wire colors

  • Blue wire - Running lights
  • Black wire - Ground
  • Green wire - Blinker

 

I bought these spacers on amazon - and to get them to work I had to cut out little notches on the spacers that go on the back side of the fender, so plan on doing that if you're going to do LED's as well. 

 

You'll also need a new LED Relay so the link at the correct rate. Currently i've got LED's up front and stock in the rear, and with the aftermarket flasher relay, they all blink at the appropriate speed. 

 

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 7.18.50 PM.png

DSCF8680.jpg

DSCF8706.jpg

Edited by Dakota
Added flasher relay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Fiddyone said:

Did you need a resistor to slow the flash down?

Yep. I found it through numerous posts here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dakota said:

 I cut the stock blinkers and spliced in the plug onto the new LED's so that I can just plug them into the stock harness, which i'm sure most, if not all of you, will do.

 

I used bullet to oem connectors and left oem harness intact. Posted about it here:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was lazy and just bought the complete Cyclops kit. Had the blinkers, leads, spacers, and flasher unit in one box. I used a dremel to grind out the tabs in the front panels. Only issue I had was the bullet connectors for the rear blinkers were hard to route without having them stretched. I haven't installed a tail tidy, so it most likely won't be an issue if you use one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, anotherbike said:

 

I used bullet to oem connectors and left oem harness intact. Posted about it here:

 

Yeah I saw this.. after it was too late lol 🙂 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/30/2020 at 8:20 PM, Dakota said:

I just got done doing the front LED's on my Tenere (rear will need to wait for the Camel Tail Tidy).

 

I could not be happier with how they turned out. I cut the stock blinkers and spliced in the plug onto the new LED's so that I can just plug them into the stock harness, which i'm sure most, if not all of you, will do. 

 

Some tips I learned below. (USA bike, not sure if the rest of the world is different).

 

Left Stock Blinker wire colors

  • Blue wire - Running lights
  • Black wire - Ground
  • Brown wire - Blinker

Right Stock Blinker wire colors

  • Blue wire - Running lights
  • Black wire - Ground
  • Green wire - Blinker

 

I bought these spacers on amazon - and to get them to work I had to cut out little notches on the spacers that go on the back side of the fender, so plan on doing that if you're going to do LED's as well. 

 

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 7.18.50 PM.png

DSCF8680.jpg

DSCF8706.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.