Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 first Dyno video

Cruizin

Needs more (Hord)power and use of better tuning software 🤔

But in my defense Im so used to how the motor behaves after 18k miles running an aftermarket airbox and exhaust, which totally changed the motor for better(this is how it should be from factory) 

Avg HP/TQ increase from a tune and exhaust is about 3-5HP/TQ... almost double the power gains can be found running an aftermarket airbox( might be a problem as I use foam filters and filter wraps off road vs paper/fiber)... Aftermarket air filters didn't provide worthy numbers vs stock filter ( maybe a 1hp bump in power).... 

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

Moto magazine in Greece performed the first dyno run after clocking 2,500km of hard riding both on, pavement and also deep in the Greek mountains.

(motomag.gr) 

14 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Cannot believe that none of you knuckleheads jumped on this topic. 🤔

Us "knuckleheads" were onto this topic here before you started this thread. But as a moderator you would know that. 

Edited by shaneygrog
  • Haha 1

Sorry, I will take some proper photos.  So far I have nothing better or different to the standard blue model you would see on line

16 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

Us "knuckleheads" were onto this topic here before you started this thread. But as a moderator you would know that. 

I posted the CP2 article and the mt07 vid from our fz07 forum last year. That forum has about 5 gadzilla dyno vids.

More the merrier. Admittingly, even if half are ones we tear apart in the comments. 

It's a forum, Im a forum guy and some lucky people are getting their T7's so bear some antics here if you may, I'm excited. 

Yes, we are really sad for you guys that have to wait for the Tenere.  I think it will be a very popular bike in USA, Canada and Orstraylia, where you have what we lack in beautiful England...spaaaace  and open bush,  boo hoo.  😞

I have owned a 750 Super Tenere and a R1200GS and this is a fabulous bike to ride.  It will be great off road (once you forget you are probably going to fall down on that metal tank...