Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Dynojet PowerVision 3 fault codes

Spuzvica

Question

Hi,

does anyone know of a Yamaha fault code mapping table that I could use to decode the following error codes that I get on my Dynojet Power Vision 3 gadget? I cannot seem to Google anything sensible out of the codes below... I tried converting the characters after the P from hexadecimal to decimal, e.g. P1E30 = P7728, but that again gives no sensible results...

image.png.d4ce639bb5d2f5bc79516747bb797149.png

• Like 1

22 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Spuzvica said:

Hi,

does anyone know of a Yamaha fault code mapping table that I could use to decode the following error codes that I get on my Dynojet Power Vision 3 gadget? I cannot seem to Google anything sensible out of the codes below... I tried converting the characters after the P from hexadecimal to decimal, e.g. P1E30 = P7728, but that again gives no sensible results...

Sorry I am unable to help but would be interested to know how you feel about pv3 once you have sorted out the issue... 👍 

Aleks 

14 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Sorry I am unable to help but would be interested to know how you feel about pv3 once you have sorted out the issue... 👍 

Aleks 

Hi Aleks,

I have tried a few maps now but to be honest:

a) I don't feel much of a difference

b) On the other hand, due to weather, I have not really been able to do much testing

First impression is that the bike feels a little bit less restricted down low. In stock form, I believe we all feel that  when opening the throttle there is a bit of hesitation due to environmental restrictions. I guess that is mostly gone now.

I have not been able to deactivate the fuel cut yet to disable the low speed throttle jerkyness as I have a support case open with Dynojet and waiting for a response.

I do hope that I eventually get everything sorted out and this upgrade does improve the bike as it's not a cheap upgrade.

I opted for the Dynojet mainly for three reasons:

1. I can always go back to stock map and hopefully when the bike is taken in for service or warranty, it would not get detected and void warranty

2. If I later buy the decat headers, I can simply reflash with a different map, not having to send the ECU back to the tuner again.

3. As an IT person, I like to fiddle with SW so I can study their C3 tuning SW and maybe make some adjustments on my own.

• Like 2

@Spuzvica thanks for the reply, are you using the pv3 on stock intake, stock exhaust as well?

I see the biggest improvement is in the air lid and the headers... I'm undecided myself to keep the T700Sm and invest in headers tune and filter or sell and get something with more power... 😅

Please keep me posted on the progress you make. 

Aleks 

5 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

@Spuzvica thanks for the reply, are you using the pv3 on stock intake, stock exhaust as well?

I see the biggest improvement is in the air lid and the headers... I'm undecided myself to keep the T700Sm and invest in headers tune and filter or sell and get something with more power... 😅

Please keep me posted on the progress you make. 

Aleks 

I currently have an aftermarket slip-on and removed snorkel with OTR foam filter. I know OTR/Dynojet also sell a stage 2 airbox cover but looking at the photos I am hesitant to decide whether that actually makes the airbox opening much larger compared to stock lid (with snorkel removed)?

dna_yamaha-tenere-700_air-box-cover-stag

DNA Stage 2 Airbox cover Yamaha Tenere 700 - Mounted on top of the Yamaha Tenere 700 air box the stock airbox snorkel breathes hot air from under the fueltank heated up by the engine. This is not a go

From posts in this forum the aftermarket decat headers make most of a difference with these tunes but I don't yet want to go that route...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CReamflourish said:

Hi @Spuzvica,

Try the service manual. I've used it before to lookup codes on my bike using an ODB2 reader.

Link here: 

Service Manual - Tenere 700 Tech Tips - Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Page 8-35 onwards.

Cheers, Mike 

Thanks, looked at that but nothing maps to my values displayed by PV3...

Contacted Dynojet but they said they don't have "manufacturer codes". It smells of "we have no idea" situation...

8 minutes ago, Spuzvica said:

Thanks, looked at that but nothing maps to my values displayed by PV3...

Contacted Dynojet but they said they don't have "manufacturer codes". It smells of "we have no idea" situation...

Yeah, that's disconcerting. Makes you wonder how they can claim compatibility with the T7 on their website? You'd have thought access to manufacturers codes would be a prerequisite for R&D given the products they offer!

I was considering going down the PV3 route for the same reasons as you, but I don't think I'm quite so keen now given your experience. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CReamflourish said:

Yeah, that's disconcerting. Makes you wonder how they can claim compatibility with the T7 on their website? You'd have thought access to manufacturers codes would be a prerequisite for R&D given the products they offer!

I was considering going down the PV3 route for the same reasons as you, but I don't think I'm quite so keen now given your experience. 

I am not sure I would recommend you to do that. Having looked at their mapping tables where they simply advance the ignition across the entire rev/tps range identically indicates they have done ZERO testing and adjusted ignition for different situations as they should have...

Unless I get an expert tuner now with a dyno that knows the Dynojet (power commander, power vision) ecosystem and their tuning C3 SW that really know what hey are doing and actually adjust the entire ignition and fueling for different rev ranges and situations, it will be 400EUR thrown away...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

I already posted my experience with this type of modifications on another topic, however I repeat it here in case I could be useful to somebody.

I am not an tuner expert, so tuning by myself is not an option

Based on good previous experience with 3 other bikes ( Honda Africa twin 2017, 2018 and 2019 ), I just repeated it on my T7

Instead of intervening the ECU,  I installed a Rapid Bike Evo unit, which is connected to 4 points of the injection system and adjusts the injection to the parameters it reads. Installation is easy, plug and play, can be by-passed it you want and doesn´t change anything of the original bike.

I installed it at 500 km on the ODO, together with the High flow air filter ( more air in ) and a full exhaust to take the cat out ( more air out ).

I can not compare how the T7 performs without the unit.  Nevertheless, I can say that I do not have any jerking when opening the throttle, acceleration is swift and, in theory, you get more power and torque throughout the whole curve, specially on low and mid range.

Rapid Bike modules are made by Dimsport, Italy, and have different module options ( basic, evo, racing )

They have distributors in various countries, including the US

Prices may vary a lot among distributors, so I suggest you shop and compare final prices, taking in consideration  sales tax, freight, exchange rate, duties and "hassle" .

I am sure that other T7 owners could comment on "before" and "after" installing a Rapid Bike module

As mentioned before, my personal experience on the T7 is "after" only.

Hope is useful

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, didier said:

I don't think these codes apply, if you look at them or google them further you notice it's hard to find any correlation to the Tenere. Most relate to some sort of boost problem which obviously is not the case 🙂

What could be a plausible explanation is that the last two hex digits could be converted to decimal and then checked against the service manual:

F4 = 244

F5 = 245

Screenshot_4.png.9fee710884a2c72fc3754efe09fe9d95.png

First one could just be a starting procedure where i did not hold the starter button long enough, second one could be explained when I rolled over the bike and the safety circuit turns off the engine.

But the third one I don't know, I cannot find 48 anywhere in the service manual.

30 = 48

• Like 1

Did you manage to resolve the issue and how happy are you with the unit? 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 1:40 PM, Spuzvica said:

Hi,

How have you been getting on with the PV3? Did you get the fault codes resolved? Would you recommend it? 

I just came across this thread and figured I would chime in...

First, @ Spuzvica - I hope the issues you were having a few months ago have been resolved. I had a few questions during my install and didn't hesitate to call Dynojet. It took me all of 2 - 3 minutes to get tech on the phone, a guy named Chance spoke with me. He was very helpful and super nice. He even opened up an inquiry support ticket to my email for any further assistance, should I have needed it. I didn't. Install was straight forward and smooth.

I am running an LV One Evo Black pipe/full exhaust w headers. I also just removed the snorkel and didn't opt for the $100 air box cover with an oval cutout. Stock paper filter, for now.

I absolutely feel a noticeable difference. Its not enormous, but its there. Power and torque. The bike pulls a little bit more and is just a bit zippier. It also seems a bit smoother. Pretty much what I expected it to do/be.

I have used Power Commander modules in the past as well as removing ecu's and sending them out for flash/re-map (on other bikes, not the T7). As Spuzvica stated earlier, I liked the new option of the Power Vision 3 as I am in control of the flash. I'm not near smart enough to write my own map but maybe someone will come out with a map that is a little hotter than Dynojet's and still safe? 

I'm happy with what Dynojet has provided for the $$$ in the PV3. No complaints what so ever.

Edit: I probably would not spend the $$$ for a flash if I were not changing from stock exhaust, especially headers. 

My .02 cents

Edited by JohnnieBoy
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JohnnieBoy said:

I just came across this thread and figured I would chime in...

First, @ Spuzvica - I hope the issues you were having a few months ago have been resolved. I had a few questions during my install and didn't hesitate to call Dynojet. It took me all of 2 - 3 minutes to get tech on the phone, a guy named Chance spoke with me. He was very helpful and super nice. He even opened up an inquiry support ticket to my email for any further assistance, should I have needed it. I didn't. Install was straight forward and smooth.

I am running an LV One Evo Black pipe/full exhaust w headers. I also just removed the snorkel and didn't opt for the $100 air box cover with an oval cutout. Stock paper filter, for now.

I absolutely feel a noticeable difference. Its not enormous, but its there. Power and torque. The bike pulls a little bit more and is just a bit zippier. It also seems a bit smoother. Pretty much what I expected it to do/be.

I have used Power Commander modules in the past as well as removing ecu's and sending them out for flash/re-map (on other bikes, not the T7). As Spuzvica stated earlier, I liked the new option of the Power Vision 3 as I am in control of the flash. I'm not near smart enough to write my own map but maybe someone will come out with a map that is a little hotter than Dynojet's and still safe? 

I'm happy with what Dynojet has provided for the $$$ in the PV3. No complaints what so ever.

My .02 cents

Brilliant, thanks for the review. I'm planning to get one for my Ténéré arriving next month so its great to hear a positive review of it.

Hey guys,

@JohnnieBoy I agree that Dynojet support is helpful and super responsive. But I still have my doubts on their stock maps. Like I said, my fuel consumption went up from 4.7L/100km to 6.3L/100km. Yes, the bike is faster and more responsive, but my riding buddies also tell me that I now have considerable smoke coming out of the exhaust when they ride behind me. Bike seems to run way too rich. 

As for the jerky throttle that they said the map also gets rid of by removing the fuel cut on closed throttle. I have not noticed ANY difference compared to stock so that was really disappointing as this was one of the main reasons for getting the reflash in the first place. Riding the T700 around town is annoying due to such jerkiness at every throttle close and reopen.

Eventually, I got a slightly adjusted map from the Dynojet's partner in Germany (Micron Systems) where I bought the kit. This made fuel consumption better (around 5.2L/100km) while keeping the performance identical.

In order not to have this money wasted I'll probably have to spend some more and go to a Dynojet partner in croatia that also has a dyno and that can create an optimal map for my bike. 

@NomadLad I never resolved the codes. Dynojet support said they don't know what they mean and have no documentation on it which I find absurd.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Spuzvica said:

Hey guys,

@JohnnieBoy I agree that Dynojet support is helpful and super responsive. But I still have my doubts on their stock maps. Like I said, my fuel consumption went up from 4.7L/100km to 6.3L/100km. Yes, the bike is faster and more responsive, but my riding buddies also tell me that I now have considerable smoke coming out of the exhaust when they ride behind me. Bike seems to run way too rich. 

As for the jerky throttle that they said the map also gets rid of by removing the fuel cut on closed throttle. I have not noticed ANY difference compared to stock so that was really disappointing as this was one of the main reasons for getting the reflash in the first place. Riding the T700 around town is annoying due to such jerkiness at every throttle close and reopen.

Eventually, I got a slightly adjusted map from the Dynojet's partner in Germany (Micron Systems) where I bought the kit. This made fuel consumption better (around 5.2L/100km) while keeping the performance identical.

In order not to have this money wasted I'll probably have to spend some more and go to a Dynojet partner in croatia that also has a dyno and that can create an optimal map for my bike. 

@NomadLad I never resolved the codes. Dynojet support said they don't know what they mean and have no documentation on it which I find absurd.

Do you have stock airfilter and snorkel? maybe some air will help?
For the smoke it's probably not the engine but burning tire  😄 

Wow... @Spuzvica, I am sorry to hear you are still having issues. My experience was very different. I have used Dynojet products in the past and luckily have not had any negative issues. I am not a sponsor by any means and would be just as frustrated and upset as you if I were in your shoes.

My fuel consumption has remained within the same parameters and I definitely am not smoking from my exhaust. My power and torque have gained, which is to be expected with removal of the stock headers, albeit a fuel mixture change is necessary in doing so - which is the job of the PV3, among other things. I am not experiencing the twitchy throttle you have described, just the opposite - a nice, linear roll on. 

This could be a glitch/fluke with your ecu  but I would be curious to hear other T7 owners experience with this, as the PV3 is a new(er) product. Like I said, I've always had good results with Dynojet in the past, which gave me confidence in trying their new Vision 3.  

2 hours ago, didier said:

Do you have stock airfilter and snorkel? maybe some air will help?
For the smoke it's probably not the engine but burning tire  😄 

I have removed the snorkel, stock filter cover with MRA foam filter so there should be plenty of air 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnnieBoy said:

Wow... @Spuzvica, I am sorry to hear you are still having issues. My experience was very different. I have used Dynojet products in the past and luckily have not had any negative issues. I am not a sponsor by any means and would be just as frustrated and upset as you if I were in your shoes.

My fuel consumption has remained within the same parameters and I definitely am not smoking from my exhaust. My power and torque have gained, which is to be expected with removal of the stock headers, albeit a fuel mixture change is necessary in doing so - which is the job of the PV3, among other things. I am not experiencing the twitchy throttle you have described, just the opposite - a nice, linear roll on. 

This could be a glitch/fluke with your ecu  but I would be curious to hear other T7 owners experience with this, as the PV3 is a new(er) product. Like I said, I've always had good results with Dynojet in the past, which gave me confidence in trying their new Vision 3.  

Your situation with the removed headers is very different so I guess it works better in that case.

22 hours ago, Spuzvica said:

I have removed the snorkel, stock filter cover with MRA foam filter so there should be plenty of air 🙂 

Well if the mix is still too rich there is one only thing thac can help you ... a small turbo/compressor to get more air in 😄  ... wait NOS can help too 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2